A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Year In Review + a Birthday card.

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to all of you (my crafty friends) for being so amazing. I feel like, in the past few days, I've been overwhelmed with love and encouragement from friends and from even people I hardly know. It's awesome. I just wanted to thank all of you; this is my hobby and my passion, and I love being able to share it. It's just an added bonus that people actually like my work. Hehe. Because of this love, I'm going to work this week on putting together a giveaway for y'all. Not sure what all it will include yet, but it'll be good. Promise. :)

Okay, so here's today's layout. One of the reasons I love Studio Calico is because of the great community there. The other day, the talented Geralyn was talking about how she uses her Polaroid stamp all the time (which you can still buy in On the Easel- my favorite kit everrr!), and Elizabeth (azelizabeth) said that she used the stamp as wallpaper on one of her recent layouts. I loved the idea of creating wallpaper so much that I sat down right away and started working on this layout. I have to admit, I love the way this turned out. The lunch tray mist from SC? Gosh. I die. Here's what I came up with:
 Everything is adhered down with dimensionals, and I masked off the frames with the pictures in them before misting the layout.
 My two favorite alphabets- Addy and Natalee.
Supplies: Cardstock- Kit- Studio Calico (On the Easel) American Crafts (Cream) and Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Stamps- Studio Calico (Polaroid Stamp, Addy Alpha and Natalee Alpha), Black Ink- Tsukineko (Memento Black), Mist- Studio Calico (Lunch Tray), Black Marker- Copic.

Next, here's a card that I made for my boss's birthday. It was on Saturday, but I'm haven't seen him since Wednesday so I figured I'd give it to him today. I wanted something that would be work and male appropriate:
 I kept it simple and used this fab Studio Calico paper from their Documentary collection.
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (fine linen, vintage cream and enchanted evening), Ribbon- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream Twill), Patterned Paper- Studio Calico (Souvenir from the Documentary Collection), Rhinestones- Queen & Co., Ink- Ranger (Antique Linen) and Tsukineko (VersaMagic in Navy), Corner Rounder- WRMK.

Thank you for stopping by! Hope you pop over to check out Jill's card for today. This one is breathtaking. Seriously. She is so talented! Our styles are so different, so it's awesome to see how she incorporates my card into her style.

Have a fantastic day and keep on spreading the crafty love!

Love.
Brit

5 comments:

amytangerine said...

love studio calico and how you rocked the polaroid stamp!

Christiana said...

That polaroid stamp is so cool! Love how you used it on this layout.

Such a great, masculine card for your boss! I'm sure he'll love it.

Tiffany Ervin said...

So inventive with the polaroid style layout, I will have to investigate and try that someday, super neat look! Love the card for your boss, great masculine feel to it!

Laurie said...

That layout is freakin' cool! I am going to go get some pics out RIGHT NOW! I must scrapbook something! ;)

Ohana in Bend said...

yup, me too! a studio calico believer. they have the most awesome kits and their stamps and mists and paints and inks and all their stuff is great. i don't need to shop or join any other monthly kit club. well.............i do like to shop. but they are the best! love your wall of polaroids!