A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

One of My Favorites.

Recently, Hero Arts asked on its blog what our favorite stamps sets of the year were. Without hesitation, I found myself typing "Delicate Blossoms." I guess I didn't realize that I loved it so much until that point. It's gorgeous... so I decided I needed to give it some more love. Here's the stamp set:
 And here's what I created with it:
I simply cut a 1.75" by 5.5" piece of kraft cardstock, stamped the thinner image on it, and colored it in with Copics. Add a little distressing with Vintage Photo ink, and you're all set with the main image. Super simple!
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Kraft and Fine Linen), Stamps- Hero Arts (CL449 Delicate Blossoms) and Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments), Markers- Copics (YG17, R35, YR18), Ink- Ranger (Vintage Photo Disress Ink) and Tsukineko (Memento Black), Gems- Making Memories (Paper Reverie Collection in Sienne, Gems & Brads), Twine- Papertrey Ink, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

I'd like to thank you all for such sweet comments yesterday. You all rock! I can't wait to share my December Daily adventure with you. :) I'm off to go spend "t.v. Thursday" with the roomies (our favorite lineup of shows- Community, 30 Rock, The Office, Always Sunny, The League, and Conan- are all on) and get some crafting done. I also need to start packing for home. Trying to fit enough stuff to scrapbook with in a carry-on is going to be a challenge for sure. Haha.

Love.
Brit

4 comments:

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Brit! Love your coloring! So happy for you that you're going home for a visit! I know how excited you are! Hugs sweet girl! :)

China said...

Beautiful card! It´s simple but so unique with those colors. Enjoy your trip ;o)

Maureen Morton said...

Ah, this is so lovely. Thanks for sharing your coloring tips earlier. You rock. I sure didn't have time for crafts when I was in college - you must be a very smart student! Enjoy your visit home for the holiday. Thanks for the trimmer info.

Christiana said...

This is beautiful! So simple and yet so lovely.