A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Home Again.

I flew in yesterday, and I can not tell you how happy I am to be home with my family again. I haven't been back since August, so it's been an insanely long time. My trip yesterday was fairly interesting- it started off with a flight delay but ending up being more about watching the sunset and the moonrise from above the clouds and meeting someone pretty awesome (an opera singer from Pittsburg... super cool!). It's just so great to be back. In fact, today I did my ritual shopping trip: the ten minute drive up to Appleton to visit Archiver's, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann Fabrics, and Michael's, stopping for a lunch of Baked Potato Soup + sourdough bread at Atlanta Bread Company. It's my ideal "me day", and I scored lots of awesome deals. (Uhhh... hello Fiskars cloud punches for 40% off!) When I get back to Minneapolis, I'll probably do a haul video with the things I know I have waiting at home for me. Here's a picture I took of my baby, Blue Eyes, this morning:
 Today, I wanted to share a layout. This is another one featuring pictures from Australia. I bet you're getting sick of these pictures, but don't worry! I just placed a huge order for all my prints from the last 8 months, so I'll have new scrapping material very soon. I pulled out my Napa Valley kit and came up with this:
 I love all of the layers here:
 I wrote the words and then went over them with a paper piercer and threaded them with cream thread. I like the look.
 I love this doily ribbon from Basic Grey.
Supplies: Kit- Studio Calico (Napa Valley), Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Pearls- Queen & Company, Ink- Ranger (Vintage Photo Distress Ink), Marker- Copic (.3 Tip), Thread- DMC, Tape- PrettyTape on Etsy.

Hope you enjoyed the layout for today. I'm off to go eat some meatloaf (my favorite home meal!) and relax. Wishing you happy, lovey travels!

Love.
Brit

5 comments:

Barb said...

So happy for you, being home, Brit! Your "me day" sounds perfect! Love the layout and your adorable kitty! Hugs and have a wonderful Thanksgiving AT HOME!! Yay! :)

China said...

Adorable kitty! and your layout is precious; I really like to visit Australia some day so it´s fine for me to see those pictures :o)

Sue said...

Hi brit!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving that very kind comment. I am adding you to my reader too and will check your blog while on my layover in Sydney as I have to go pack my bag and get to work before the plane leaves!!LOL

Christiana said...

Sounds like a PERFECT day! Glad you're still blogging from home -- I would have missed your posts. :o) Your kitty is sooo sweet! Love the layout too. Such pretty paper. Can't wait to see all your goodies. Have a fun visit home!

Christina said...

aww going home is the best!! have a good trip
xo