A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Friday, November 5, 2010

Something Special.

I've been totally hoarding these kraft doilies from Maya Road, so when I was looking for something to create with last night, I felt like it was time to let go and create with them. They're just so... lovely. :)
 I outlined each of the doilies with white pen to make them pop.
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores), Doilies- Maya Road, White Pen- Signo Uni-Ball, Stamp- Hero Arts (CL380 Truly Appreciated), Ink- Tsukineko (Memento Black), Corner Rounder- WRMK.


And guess what else? My Studio Calico kit, Napa Valley, is on its way to my door as I type this. Hurry up, UPS man! :) I can't wait to dig into that heavy, heavy box and show you what I got. I say a haul video is in order.
You can order yours here now if you think it's as pretty as I do. I. Can't. Wait!


Be back tomorrow with more pretty things. Are you planning on getting scrappy this weekend? I definitely am. I would love to hear what you're working on in the comments. :)


Love.
Brit

7 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Brit! Just workin' on more Christmas cards this weekend! Love your card today! The white outline is beautiful around the doilies! Hugs to you!

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I can see how it would be easy to hoard those! They are so pretty! But your card is fantastic!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, very neat looking, love the texture that the doily gives off! Beautiful card! I'm such a big fan of MR!

Hot Wheels and Glue Guns said...

Have you seen the fun Halloween actions and add ons at Picnik.com? I doctored up all my Halloween pics from this year and they are waiting to be scrapped!

Have a fun weekend!

Christiana said...

What a gorgeous card, Brit! I love it. The white gel pen really adds so much, especially around those lovely MR doilies! Love that blue you used as your backdrop, too.

That kit looks so fun! I hope your UPS man doesn't dilly-dally. ;o)

I don't think I'm going to end up getting any crafting this weekend. I'm under the weather and I have to work the whole weekend, as usual. Maybe Monday. That's my day off. :o)

N Blackburn said...

Hi Brit,
I've just started following your blog and have been reading a few of your posts; your cards and style are just beautiful!

I loved this card and made my own version of it here if you'd like to see it: http://natashablackburn.blogspot.com/2010/11/gorgeous-doilies.html

Take care,

Tasha x

N Blackburn said...

Hi Brit,
Thanks for your lovely comment! You're very welcome to do a link to my blog in your next post; thank you :-)

Look forward to seeing your next gorgeous card!!!

Tasha x