A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Comfy and Cozy Time.

Good morning! I'm having the hardest time getting myself to get ready for work today, so I thought all things comfy and cozy would be appropriate. Hehe. First, I have this card that I made in a fall theme, even though this adorable bunny by Lawn Fawn is riding a sled in the original image. I just used the Crate Paper Restoration 6 by 6 pad to paper piece the bunny and the hills (the paper from the hill started out as the yellow doily paper, and then I inked it with Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive distress ink), and then I stamped the fabulous grid stamp that came with my Santa Cruz add-on kit this month from Studio Calico. Add some Lunch Tray Mister Huey, some handcut clouds inked with Tumbled Glass distress ink, stamp your sentiment, and you're done. :)
By the way, I used Spice Tin ink from Jenni Bowlin Studios. It's absolutely amazing. It's the perfect navy color! I've also been obsessed with the Fine Linen Papertrey Ink color of cardstock lately. It truly is the perfect neutral.
 Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Fine Linen), Patterned Paper- Crate Paper (Restoration Collection), Ink- Ranger (Spice Tin by Jenni Bowlin Studios and Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink by Tim Holtz), Spray Ink- Studio Calico (Lunch Tray), Stamps- Hero Arts (CL343 Holiday Sayings), Lawn Fawn (Winter Bunny), Studio Calico (Grid Stamp from November 2010 Santa Cruz Add-On).

My featured seller today is Wayside Violet. I first found out about her when she had a sponsor spot on Kara Haupt's blog, so I thought I would support her. Little did I know that she was a super sweet person and even went out of her way to find a yarn color that I requested. I truly enjoyed working with her and use my mug cozy every time I'm at work and keep my paper cup cozy in my backpack for "coffee emergencies" as I like to call them. Hehe.
So thank you, Jessica, for making my coffee-drinking experience more cozy and exciting. I love the cozies you made for me! Here are some more examples of her fabulous work:
 Cable Knit Mug Cozy - Pumpkin Spice
 Adorable Bow Coffee Cup Cozy

So go check out Jessica's store, Wayside Violet, and spread the happy crafty things love. I promise you won't be disappointed (and neither will your naked coffee mug). :)

Love.
Brit

3 comments:

Sabr said...

So cute! That little bunny makes me happy!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such a darling card, Brit! I would say his flying scarf makes me happy and smile BIG time!

lisa truesdell said...

awesome use of that stamp!