A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, November 22, 2010

Video Tutorial Monday #11 - Using Distress Inks

Good morning! I'm just popping in to post this morning before leaving for the airport. I can't wait to get home! It'll be so nice to be back in Wisconsin for a week or so. Loveeee. Anyways, the idea from today's tutorial came to me after reading on a couple places on the internet that people have collected the Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the pretty colors but didn't really know what to do with them. To them I say: watch this video! Hopefully you'll get a sense of what you can do with them. I show three of my favorite distress ink techniques. Here's today's card:
 Close-up of the three inking techniques together:
 The pretty twine bow. I think it adds the perfect touch. :)
Here's the video for this week. As always, you can watch it on youtube here. (And make sure to subscribe to my channel! :) )
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Stamps- Hero Arts (CG170 Wildflower Garden), Studio Calico (Grid Stamp), Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments), Ink- Ranger (Distress Inks- Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender), Tsukineko (Versamark), Embossing Powder- Ranger, Twine- Papertrey Ink, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

Thank you for stopping by for another video tutorial Monday! I have to dash off to catch my flight, but I'll be posting more pretty things this week. I have one of my new favorite layouts to share with you tomorrow. :)

Love.
Brit

6 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

great video Brit! have a great holiday!

Laurie said...

Awesome Brit! Love the colors here! Distress inks are quickly becoming a favorite of mine!

Maureen Morton said...

Thanks for the great inspiration! These inks are the best, and so are you! Hope you have a great visit home.

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful card and wonderful video! Love it!

Heather Innusa said...

Such a puuuuurty card & great video! Thanks for sharing!

jill said...

I enjoyed watching this - ty!