A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My December Daily 2010 Cover.

The other day, I sat down and got to work on my cover for my December Daily. (If you want to learn more about this project, you can read my post here or go over to Ali Edwards' blog here.) I'm getting more and more excited to get started on this album when I get home from Wisconsin. My Instax Mini is waiting for me to start clicking away, and I picked up some binder rings (1.5" and 2.5") to hold my book together. I pulled out my Circa 1934 6 x 6 pad, cut out some strips of my favorite patterns (two red, and one black), and got out some stickers from October Afternoon and chipboard numbers from Basic Grey's Oliver collection. Here's what I came up with:
11-24-10 December Daily Cover-1
I inked the edges and chipboard with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to keep with the look of the rest of the album.
11-24-10 December Daily Cover-2
Supplies: Patterned Paper- Cosmo Cricket (Circa 1934 6 x 6 pad), Letter Stickers- October Afternoon, Chipboard Numbers- Basic Grey, Ink- Ranger (Vintage Photo Distress Ink).

I'm on my way to Illinois to have Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents' house. Let's hope the "too much family" aspect doesn't get too out of hand. Whenever we visit my grandparents, things always seem to go a little crazy. Ha. Happy almost Thanksgiving to my American friends! I'm going to try and make this Pumpkin Bread Pudding from the Pioneer Woman and Bobby Flay battle. It looks delicious, so I hope it turns out well. I consider myself a good cook, but baking doesn't always work out for me. My brother who's in culinary school right now may need to come to my rescue. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Love.
Brit

2 comments:

Joy said...

Love your front cover of December Daily, I am so doing this next year, thanks for inspiration.

Maureen Morton said...

Love your cover! So much vintage style. Thanks for giving me a big old grin and have a great holiday with the family.