A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A New Love?

Could this be? A new love? Napa Valley has arrived at my doorstep, and I've been thrilled to experiment with my new goodies over the past couple days. Time will tell whether this kit will trump my current all-time-favorite, Still Life, but this one definitely has potential. Here's the pretty layout I cam up with. I'm not a big dark orange fan, but I'm loving it in this kit and with these photos.
 (click to enlarge)

 My favorite part- the layers of pattern paper. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink and then curled up one edge of each piece for dimension.
 My new favoritest ink: Malted Milk by Jenni Bowlin Studios. Isn't it pretty? I used it on the title, too and then cut out the letters.
Supplies: Kit- Studio Calico (Napa Valley), Ink- Ranger (Malted Milk by Jenni Bowlin Studios and Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Tim Holtz), Font- Century, Letter stickers- Jenni Bowlin Studios, Stamps- Studio Calico (Jett Alpha and Numbers Sets).

It's Sunday night, so I have quite a bit of work to do and some Packers football to watch, but I didn't want to leave without giving you a little preview of what's going to be on the blog this week.
Monday- Video Tutorial Monday. You're going to love this one. :)
Monday through Friday- A spotlight of different Etsy stores that I love. Rumor has it there may even be a giveaway sometime during the week from one of the lovely Esty store proprietors!
Thursday or Friday- A much-requested Copic coloring tutorial with that beautiful Year of Flowers: Roses set from Papertrey Ink.
(and of course, more things that I haven't thought of yet! haha.)

So be sure to pop back in throughout the week for more excitement and some lovely shares. Wishing you a great week! Let's hope this one is a million better times than the last.

Love.
Brit

P.S. Did you see this? One of my layouts is featured as the Layout of the Week over on the Studio Calico blog. Woohoo! I really love this layout, so I'm so happy that others like it, too. SC totally made my day. :)

4 comments:

Christina said...

what a cool 2pgr!!
I can NOT wait to get this kit( i also ordered malted milk ;)
xo

Anonymous said...

Love this layout, Brit!
My favorite part about it is the fabulous color combo. I think those colors are gorgeous and you definitely did them justice! Thanks for sharing your work and inspiration. Looking forward to your video tomorrow. :)

Christiana said...

Sounds like you've got a super-fun week planned for us! Yay! I'm excited. :o)

Congrats on being featured over at the Studio Calico blog! That's so exciting! I loved that layout, and the one you posted today is fab too. Love those layers and the curled edges!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been looking through a lot of your recent blog posts and I think you are really talented! But the thing that really made me smile was when I read about you in your profile - cause it sounds just like me except for the hockey and the football part :-)