A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, November 8, 2010

Video Tutorial Monday #9 - Quick and Easy Card Set

Hi all and welcome back to another installment of Video Tutorial Monday. I'm excited to share this week with you. It all started with the Ready, Set, Chip from the Mitten Weather collection by Cosmo Cricket. I bought it not knowing what I'd use it for, so I challenged myself to use it. I sat down with that chipboard set and gathered some paper, stamp sets, and a few embellishments to coordinate. After an hour of work, I had four completed cards ready for the holidays. Today, I think you need to see the video first. So watch it here or on youtube, and remember to subscribe to my channel on youtube! Here's the video:


Here are the finished cards all together:
Card #1:
Card #2:

Card #3:
Card #4:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Pure Poppy), Chipboard Pieces- Cosmo Cricket (Mitten Weather Collection), White Pen- Signo Uni-Ball, Ink- Tsukineko (Memento Black) and Ranger (Tumbled Glass Distress Ink), Buttons- Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy and New Leaf), Gems- Hero Arts, Corner Rounder- WRMK, Ribbon- Papertrey Ink, Thread- DMC, Heart Punch- Stampin' Up!, Stamps- Hero Arts (CL343 Holiday Sayings) and Lawn Fawn (Happy Hanukkah).


Also, I wanted to introduce you to a new feature here on my blog. This week, I will be featuring five of my favorite Etsy sellers- one each day of this week. I have made purchases from all of these sellers, and I've been overwhelmed with the quality of the service and product. I highly recommend each one of these sellers, and they're not giving me anything to say nice things about them. :) I just want to spread the love in this handmade world.

Today's featured seller is Kiss and Tell Cards. I learned about this wonderful seller from Jennifer McGuire when I had been looking for a stamp to use on the back of my cards. I ordered a stamp from her, and I was impressed with her professional attitude and the end product. It's perfect and exactly what I ordered. Here's my beloved stamp:
I use it to stamp the back of all my cards that I give away. This way, I don't need to write my information over and over or go uncredited. Love it! A custom stamp like mine costs about $20.00, and you get to look at the design before it's made. It's well worth the price to me.

Kiss and Tell Cards also makes these pretty things:

Modern Orchid Magnet Save the Date in Box Mailer


So make sure to go check out Kiss and Tell Cards and give them some love. See you tomorrow for some more crafty goodness and another fab Etsy seller. Thank you for stopping by today!

Love.
Brit

6 comments:

Barb said...

Thanks for another great video, Brit! Love these adorable cards! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your videos and your cards! Inspiring!

Jill said...

SOOO cute! Love this fun and cheery card set! Fun Etsy feature, too! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

You are on a roll! These are all super sweet Brit - fun and whimsical - great holiday collection!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love these cards! So sweet!

Sarah Martina said...

Hey sweets, I've been wanting to order a stamp from them for some time now, but I haven't been able to find one I am 100% a-ok with for me. I do love the one YOU ordered tho... but I can't find it in the shop. Did you have it custom-made? Thanks! :) Xoxo