A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Friday, November 19, 2010

A Layout. (I'm too tired to come up with a creative title.)

I think the header says it all. Long week, long day, long everything. By the way, it totally sucks that it gets dark at like 4:30 now. Why, world do you do this to me? I don't like that. I needed some creative therapy last night, though, so I sat down and scrapped. I pulled out my Studio Calico November kit, Napa Valley, and got to work. Here's what I came up with:
My goal was to resist my temptation to ink all edges. I did! And because of it, I think the layout came out more... streamlined?.... like I wanted it to. This line of gems was by far the most time-consuming part of the layout. I placed the biggest ones first (every inch), the smallest ones in the middle of those, and the medium ones in the between the large ones and the small ones. Easy to do but tedious. The pearls are from Queen & Co.
 My super messy handwriting. I don't care, it's how I write. :)
Supplies: Kits- Studio Calico (Napa Valley (Ledger Paper) and Santa Cruz), Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Black Pen- Copic, Star Punch- Stampin' Up!, Pearls- Queen & Co.

By the way, I've decided what I'm going to pack for my week long trip home. I thought you might be interested... I'm just thinking like how I would pack for a crop. :)

1. Kits- Napa Valley, Santa Cruz
2. Past Kits- On the Easel, Still Life
3. Inks- JBS Spice Tin and Malted Milk, Ranger Vintage Photo + Distressing Tool, Memento Black
4. Standard tools- Paper Trimmer, Cutterbee Scissors, Tonic Scissors, .3 Copic Micro Liner, White Gel Pen, Brown Marker, Tombow Tape Runner, Foam tape, Mini Glue Dots, Bone Folder, Paper Piercer, Corner Chomper
5. Needles and Thread (Cream and White)
6. Cardstock- Cream, White, and Kraft in 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11
7. Stamping tools- 2 x 3 acrylic block, Sophie's Sentiments (Lawn Fawn)
8. Pre-stamped images on Vintage Cream cardstock and my Prisma colored pencils (for idle coloring for easy cards later)

That's it. Okay, so I might add one or two more things. (Am I missing any essentials here? Not sure. But I will be within 5 minutes of 4 crafting stores, so I think I just may be alright. Hehe.)

Off to go eat dinner with the boyfriend. Yayyy for hot dates at Applebee's.

Love.
Brit

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Brit! Love reading this post! Funny how we both feel the same way about the darkness coming WAY TOO EARLY now! I just hate it too! And waking up in the morning, when it's still dark, isn't any fun either! I work in between there, so basically I see no daylight at all! I'm already looking forward to having the month of January outta here! I always start to feel better, knowing winter is coming to an end! Love your layout. . .so cool with the row of pearls! Can't believe you went to Applebee's for dinner tonight! Just take a guess where my hubby and I went to eat. Yup, that's right! Applebee's! Have a good weekend! :)

Jill said...

Awesome layout! Very modern- love the strips of pp! You sound very prepared for your crop! Good luck with the lack of daylight. I'll try and send you some AZ sunshine, my friend! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Enjoyed your layout! I am with you on the lack of sunshine in the winter. I think your handwriting is way better than mine, btw. Have a great holiday.

Christiana said...

Streamlined is exactly the right word. Or steamlined... because the lines remind me of the stripes on a steamliner. I love how you've created such a feeling of movement and speed and sea. It's perfect for this photograph. Nice job, Brit!

Enjoy your visit home!

Laurie said...

This page is awesome! I am loving the line of pearls! Great job!