A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wishes for a Happy Day.

Since this week Jill is featuring me on her fab blog, I wanted to do a card inspired by her! So I did a card inspired by her Tuesday card. So technically, this is a card inspired by her inspired by me? Ha. Regardless, I loved her masking technique that she used for the dots on her card here, so I wanted to try it out.
 By the way, I love that poppies stamp from HA. I, however, am never cutting it out again. What a pain! Haha.
 I colored the image with copics and then used my Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks to make it fit in with the rest of the card.
 These were the copics I used.
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream and Hawaiian Shores), Stamps- Hero Arts (CL449 Delicate Blossoms) and Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments), Markers- Copic (V01, V06, YG17, YG25), Ink- Tsukineko (Brown Memento), Stampin' Up (Chocolate chip marker used for outlining and the sentiment), Ranger (Distress Inks in Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain), Gems- Hero Arts (Hero Hues assorted gems), Circle punch- EK Success 1.5" (For masking), Corner Rounder- WRMK.

Hope you enjoyed this card. I love Jill's style, and it helps me to push my boundaries a little. Make sure you check out her card for today. This one is absolutely breathtaking!

Love.
Brit

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Brit, I've loved your week over at Jill's and have felt truly inspired by everything I've seen. Jill will love this, it's a beauty! Jo x

Jill said...

Oh.
My.
Word.

This is soooo beautiful, girl! I love your coloring, the background, all of that cutting... I could go on and on and on! You have some serious talent, my friend!!

Christiana said...

This came out so beautiful, Brit! Fantastic job on the coloring, and the cutting. ;o)

Laurie said...

Oh my! Lovin' the big ole' polka dots in the background! So cute!!