A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, September 20, 2010

Video Tutorial Monday #2! Paper Piecing

Sorry I've been so absent lately, but school has officially kicked in full gear, and I only had time to craft for the HA Flickr group swap at Scrapfest this weekend. I promise I'll share those cards along with a review of the event here, though. It was an amazing experience this year, including some fanstic classes, make and takes, and meeting some new scrapbooking friends. Love it! Look for that on Thursday. :) HINT: There may be a giveaway involved ;)

So here is week two of my Monday video tutorials. I'm loving this set up right now. I'm still figuring things out with my new camera and the setup around my desk, so bear with me theses upcoming weeks as I find the best camera angle to do this from. It's definitely a huge learning experience- I've never had this much interaction with video before. Once I get something that works for me, I'll make sure to show you around the set up so maybe you can have some beginner hints for your own videos. I'm here to pass on my lessons from trial and error to you :)

You can watch the video here at youtube. Make sure you subscribe to my channel so you can catch my videos every week. As always, I would love to hear what you think about the video and ideas about subject matter for future ones.



Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Kraft, Enchanted Evening, and Raspberry Fizz) , Patterned Paper- Crate Paper, Stamp- Unity Stamp Company, Ink- Tsukineko (Memento Brown) and Ranger (Vintage Photo and Wild Honey Distress Inks by Tim Holtz), Pen- Signo Uniball, Letter Stickers- Basic Grey (Origins Collection), Rhinestones- Queen & Co., Corner Rounder- WRMK.

Don't you love paper piecing? I hope you can give it a try sometime this week. I'll be back soon with a scrapfest recap and a few projects.

Thank you for stopping by. It's especially evident to me after the past couple days how great this industry is and how awesome the people are who craft, blog, and leave comments truly are. Thank you.

Love.
Brit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! And your tutorial was great too! Nice & clear instructions. I look forward to seeing more. :)

Anna K. said...

I'm pretty sure that's the cutest stamp I've ever seen! :) Awesome card!

Passionforstamping said...

Great video and I love your card!...Dianne K.