A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

DAY 1: Pairing Up Challenge with Jennifer a.k.a. Random Acts of Cardness

Hey guys! I've been busy moving and starting classes for the semester, but ever since Jennifer McGuire and Joy decided to do a seven-day stamp challenge where they used the same Hero Arts stamp each day for seven days, I've wanted to try this for myself. Thankfully, the fantastic Hero Arts Flickr group came to the rescue and paired me up with the fantastic Jennifer from Random Acts of Cardness. So today (and for the next three days), we'll both be featuring a card on our blog using the same stamp from Hero Arts.

Without further adieu, here's today's stamp:

And here's what I made to feature it:

And the close-up:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Kraft), Stamps- Hero Arts (Friend Definition CG125 and CG340 Birthday Sayings), Lace Ribbon- Hero Arts (CH231), Border Sticker- Crate Paper (Restoration line), Washi Tape- from PrettyTape on Etsy, Ink- Tsukineko (Brown Memento) and Ranger (Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink by TIm Holtz), White Pen- Signo, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

I hope you enjoyed my card for today! I'll be back with another one for our fun challenge on Friday and Saturday. I'm off to go check out Jennifer's blog for today to see what she created!

Love.
Brit

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Brit...I'm loving how you used the Friend Definition...terrific layered-look. Love the Hero Arts lace ribbon, such a perfect finish! Heading to Jennifer's blog.....
Thanks for the visit to my blog. My paired-up partner and I will be starting our challenge on the 20th.
blessings!

Nancy said...

Hello Brit. Your card is beautiful. I especially love the way you used the sentiment and that gorgeous lace ribbon!

Barb said...

Hi Brit! Love this card! So cool the way you used the Friend Definition! I love the lace ribbon and pop of pink from the border sticker!

Rosemary said...

super fun card! love the design...

Barbara said...

Love the friend definition and the use of the lace. Nice!!!

Jennifer said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brit! Great card - I love the lace ribbon, I can hardly wait to get mine in the mail now too! Beautiful colors, loads of charm.

Trinh said...

Wonderful design!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Brit!
Your masking came out fabulous!
I can't wait to see what else you two have in store for the next few days! :)