A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 2010 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.

Hey all! I decided to participate in my second ever PTI blog hop this month, and I'm so excited. Hope over here to the Nichole's blog post to get started hopping! The challenge was to share a technique I've learned from someone else. Here's the card:
The technique I used was one I learned from Jennifer McGuire last weekend. I inked the background heavily with distress inks and then stamped my Polka Dot Basics II with Perfect Pearls mist on it. It makes this awesome, imperfect sparkly resist. I thought it would be a fun contrast to the very serious Autumn Abundance flowers and sentiment. Here's the close-up:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream and Kraft), Ribbon- Papertrey Ink (1/4" Silk Ribbon with Vintage Photo Distress Ink on it), Pearls- Creative Imaginations, Stamps- Papertrey Ink (Autumn Abundance and Polka Dot Basics II), Ink- Tsukineko (Brown Memento) and Ranger (Distress Inks by Tim Holtz in Vintage Photo, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, and Fired Brick), Marker- ZIG, Colored Pencils- Prisma.

Thanks for hopping by! Make sure to leave a comment on this post to be entered to win in my giveaway! See you tomorrow for my inspiring links and a pretty poppy card. :)

Love.
Brit

26 comments:

Leora said...

Beautiful card!

Amy said...

Great card and coloring! Will have to try that technique out this weekend!

KaraT said...

Great technique...turned out beautifully.

Allison Rankin said...

Lovely! Great use of the die and pretty with the kraft!

Traveling Mama said...

This is so pretty! What a fun way to celebrate the fall! Hugs from Copenhagen!

Debra said...

I like the bright colors paired with the kraft. Fun polka dots!

Anonymous said...

I really love this and LOVE the almost, smokey looking dots..bet its killer in person!
This is great and love that stamp!!!

Kay D said...

Beautiful, beautiful background! Seriously, I can't stop staring at it!

Sue Ann said...

Your Art is my sunshine ...... this card is so beautiful and the background is yummy!!!!

Aimes said...

What a fabulous technique - TFS! Your card is fabulous too - love those rich, autumnal colours!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Savitri said...

What a great card!!!! Love the technique and colors!!

Laura Isham said...

your coloring is so great and attaching it with staples is genius.

Krista said...

love the coloring on the kraft paper. beautifully done.

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful fall colors, and that sparkly dotted background is a FAB idea!

Marge said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Jen Carter said...

LOVE how you did the polka dots!! Super cute!

katemade designs said...

that is a cool background technique. Beautiful card.

peggysue said...

That background is so cool, neat technique, TFS!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you offset that label and stapled it! NICE card!!

Pam W. said...

This is so pretty and such an interesting technique. Love it!

Kristii said...

Such a cool technique!!! I just love the colors you used!!! Awesome!!!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! I love the bold colors!

Babies-Beth said...

Very pretty! I missed that technique along the way- will be back to look closer!!

Nerina said...

Such a beautiful technique - wish I could see that gorgeous shimmer up close IRL! I love the contrast you've achieved between the warm background and the kraft too!

Taheerah said...

Cool card, and what a fab technique!

DF said...

Beautiful card! I love the frame and stamples especially.