A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oh, spring. :)

Oh spring, how I love you so. You arrived on Monday and gracefully decided to stay the whole week, allowing for much fun and inspiration...

First, a Kristina Werner Design Challenge #49:

And what I did:

Suuuuper simple. I don't really like the black and white interwoven, but oh well, I'm done. Ha. Love the label and the ribbon, though!

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (blue and pink) and The Paper Studio (Black and White), Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Label- My Mind's Eye, Border Punch- Threading Water by Fiskars, Marker- ZIG, Ribbon- Offray.

This next piece is the first page in my art journal that I talked about starting in the post before this. It's going with the 52Q theme, and here's the one from the first week:

It makes me very happy when I look at it. :) I just used my favorite scraps. This is meeee. Size: 3 by 4. I think I'll bind it all with my BIA when it's done, but we'll see.

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (pink) and The Paper Studio (White), Patterened Paper- Hambly (Turquoise) and Basic Grey (Butterfly), Transparency- Hambly, Zigzag Edge- Sassafrass Lass, Marker- ZIG, Paint- Liquitex, Butterfly Punch- EK Success.

Now, for things from this weekend:
1. New Shirts from the mall. Waaaay cute.

2. Friends playing a crane game and the Mall of America... too cute


(Then... Easter Sunday = dressing up and going to church with some awesome friends + gorgeous weather and the ensuing photo session.)

3. Hair Pretties for me and Sara. Supplies: 3 Prima flowers each, a brad, and a bobby pin. Just stick the brad through all of the centers of the flowers and through the eye of the bobby pin then flatten. Works like a charm!


4. Jumping poses- because standing isn't fun enough.


5. I just need to show this picture to you. Jumping pictures are awesome. When I saw how this one turned out, I almost cried laughing. I present: Kung Fu Sara.

Yeah, that's awesome.

Oh, and reminder- GIVEAWAY in the post below! Check it out! Ends next Saturday night :)

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!

Love.

Brit

5 comments:

Winter said...

Great cards! So cute and unique! :)

Christy-Lynn said...

Ha! I love your jumping pictures! Just last week I took some senior pictures and these girls love to jump! Heres the link to one of those pictures:
http://flipflopgraphics.blogspot.com/2009/04/marias-senior-pictures.html
Love your cards too! Super cute!

Jessica said...

Great Pics!!! Hope you had a great Easter. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to have visitors drop by every now and then. I really enjoy your blog. You are such a fun gal. I'll be stopping by soon.\

Take care
Jessica Rosario

Sherri said...

Great cards! Love the shapes you used in the top one and the weaving!

Unknown said...

Your cards are soo pretty! I love the fun bright colors!