I love you. In every size, every shape, in every color, you will always be my first true background stamp love. Especially this one from Hero Arts, which is awesome. Please continue to be awesome. Thank you.
I think I have a problem. It's a really good one, though. Here's another card I made yesterday using my beloved houndstooth stamp:
That's a closeup of my true love. :) Trying something new today...
1. Cut standard size card (8.5 by 5.5 unfolded, 4.25 by 5.5 folded) from black cardstock. Score and fold. Trim about .75" off the "front" layer's right edge and then punch the border using Fiskar's Threading Water punch (also one of my loves).
2. Clear emboss the light pink paper with the Hero Art's Houndstooth stamp, being careful to line up the pattern each time- I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for precision.
3. Stamp the "Live in the Moment" stamp onto fuchsia paper with clear embossing ink and emboss with white embossing powder. Cut the image out with a slight border around the edge.
4. Cut the Making Memories polka dot paper (from the Just Chillin' Girl Collection) into a strip about 1.5" wide and 5.5" tall. Using the back part of the card as a guide, adhere the patterned paper to the back of the scalloped edge (put adhesive on the left edge of the patterned paper as well as right next to the scallops on the underside to insure proper adhesion).
5. Cut a strip of White paper slightly larger than the height of the stamped "Live in the Moment" stamped image. Also, cut a piece of pattern paper that coordinates with the Fuschia to fit comfortably in the middle of the white strip. Adhere white ribbon on top of the two layers, making sure everything is centered.
6. Ink the edges of the white cardstock, the fushcia stamped image, and the polka dotted patterned paper for extra emphasis.
7. Adhere everything to the card, making sure to page the houndstooth with a border on both the left and right edge, trimming as necessary. Adhere the white band next to the bottom third of the card, and then, finally, add the "Live in the Moment" stamped image using foam adhesive for extra texture and dimension.
Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzil (Light pink, Dark pink) and The Paper Studio (Black and White), Patterned Paper- American Crafts (pink woodgrain) and Making Memories (Pink Dot- Just Chillin' Girl Collection), Border Punch- Fiskars, Ribbon- Offray, Stamps- Hero Arts (Houndstooth and I Care Frame), Ink- Tsukineko (Black StazOn) and Ranger (Embossing Ink), Embossing Powder- Ranger, Foam Squares- EK Success.
I made this for Kelly Jo's Color Chef Challenge #4 using her colors of baby pink, bubblegum, watermelon, black, and white as my inspiration. Go over there and check out the other awesome entries. :)
Another thing- there's an AWESOME giveaway going on here at Passion for Crafts. You really need to see it for yourself! Good luck.
I decided this morning that I'm going to spend National Scrapbooking Day (a.k.a. NSD) this Saturday scrapbooking the entire day. Who else is doing the same? I could use a weekend like that. Now, I just need to choose what online forum to spend it in. What's your forum of choice?
See you soon! (wow, two posts in two days... I'm on a roll.)