I'm happy today. Want to know why? A list of top ten things why I'm happy:
1. It's supposed to get up to 68 degrees today. And sunny. :)
2. I didn't wear a jacket or a sweatshirt allllll day yesterday.
3. I drew outside for three hours in drawing class. I even got a little sunburnt, but it's more a novelty than a pain.
4. Those cell phone pictures turned out pretty nicely. :)
5. I got my first sunburn of the year. Ohhh pale me (I'm seriously practically albino.)
6. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for my McNeal Hall drawing- the drawing that every design student need to complete before they pass portfolio review. A 100+ drawing... pretty much my life lately.
7. I had a goal to wake up before 8:30 every day this week and have been sucessful thus far. I get so much done when I wake up and hour and a half before I have to leave!
8. I'm going hooooome this weekend!!!
9. I still have 40 minutes before I have to leave for class.
10. I have things to share with you. :)
First, a layout. I wrote this poem after eating lunch in the university mall last Thursday afternoon, and I really wanted to make this layout. Now that I'm done, I realize that this might have been better as a 6 by 12 layout, but it is what it is. Scrapbooking is about process, right? :)
Close-up of the journaling that I wrote: (click to enlarge)
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (white) and Bazzil (Green), Patterned Paper- Deja Views (multicolored stripes) an American Crafts (pink lines), Ribbon- The Paper Studio, Flowers- Prima, Brads- Queen & Co., Border Punch- Threading Water by Fiskars, Letter Stickers- American Crafts, and Staples- Unknown.
Second, I have two more cards from the 52Q project by Emily Falconbridge. I love this, because it's all about playing. For example, I never would've paired all of those patterned papers together on my week 2 card on a layout, but I wanted to try it on this smaller scale. There's really no failure when it comes to this, just learning. Love it!
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio, Patterned Paper- Scenic Route (multicolored arrows), American Crafts (pink and orange scallops and Pink Lines), and KI Memories Love, Elsie (embossed arrows background) and Basic Grey (blue), Chipboard- Making Memories, Paint- Liquitex, Brad- The Paper Studio, Flower- Prima, Marker- ZIG, Ink- StazOn by Tsukineko, Dimensionals- EK Sucess.
Cardstock- The Paper Studio (white and vellum) and unknown (gold butterfly and purple), Glitter Paper- Doodlebug (second layer of butterfly), Pattern Paper- Basic Grey, Butterfly Punch- EK Sucess, Corner Rounder- The Paper Studio, Chipboard Frame- Scenic Route, Heart Ghost Shape- Heidi Swapp, Puffy Paint- Duncan Crafts, Pearls- Hero Arts, Rhinestones- The Paper Studio, Fairy- Own Design, Colored Pencils- Crayola.
Oh, and a few more happy things:
11. The fact that I was a winner on the Moxie Fab Blog yesterday for my card with stitching on it. :) (Toot!)
12. Did I mention that it's gorgeous outside?
P.S.- Make sure to ENTER THE GIVEAWAY below!