A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hola! Me llamo Brit. Me amo el arte mucho.

I just finished a Spanish speaking test, so I'm in the mood for speaking Spanish. I like these days. :)

Friendly reminder- have you backed up your photos lately? I'm doing that right now. Peace of mind is good for the soul.

Shares:

1. Happy four months with Greg, which was yesterday. I made him an old-school cd mix, too. It's the little (freeish) things that make ordinary days special :)


Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill, Patterned Paper- Sassafrass Lass, "4"- Chit Chat White Thickers by American Crafts, Embroidery thread- DMC, Foam dimensionals- EK Success, paper piercer- Making Memories, other- buttons

2. Here's a card inspired by one by Taylor Vanbruggen for Jeb's birthday this weekend. I hope he gets it on time!
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (Kraft), Bazzill (off-white) and Unknown (red), Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye (Striped- I got it a while back- here) and Scenic Route (dot and arrow), stamps- Hero Arts, Ribbon- Offray, Ink- StazOn by Tsukineko

3. I worked on this embroidery using a font made from my own handwriting that I printed off and then eyeballed everything else- this was surprising relaxing. (Make your own font here.) I challenge you to give it a try by picking up a piece of embroidery cloth for a couple dollars and a simple hoop for a dollar or so- I bet you already have embroidery floss and a needle to work with!

4. A big thanks goes out to Hero Arts for the way cute goodies they sent me a few days ago for winning a blinkie drawing. Happy birthday, Hero Arts blog! I can't wait to use this scrappy goodness:
5. I've started growing wheat grass in my room- my mom sent me a "kit"- a.k.a. a chinese takeout bowl, some soil, some seed, and a spray bottle for "watering" the grass. It's so cool to see it grow. Here it is today after only two days... and I swear it's grown since then.
6. I'm dying to go home soon to see this new princess that's part of our family. Soooo excited:
My family adopted her last week from the local Human Society- isn't she gorgeous? I can't wait to get to know her. :)

Okay, well I'm off to nurse my injuries (tummy ache :( ) and have a very relaxing, creative weekend.

Love.

Brit

No comments: