A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who said the city can't be beautiful?

The other day, I realized I actually hadn't finished a project using this adorable Silly Scape stamp from Hero Arts.
So I got right to it. I stamped it in clear embossing powder on some cream cardstock, colored the image in with some pretty copics, and added ink to the edges to complete the look. Here's the card:
 I love the pretty, pastel effect that blending such light colors together has on this city image:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Berry Sorbet and Vintage Cream), Markers- Copic (R20, R22, V01, V06, B21, B24), Embossing Ink- Tsukineko (Versamark), Embossing Powder- Ranger, White Pen- Signo, Stamps- Hero Arts (K5425 Silly Scape and CL447 Beautiful Peacocks), Ink- Tsukineko (Memento Black) and Ranger (Dusty Concord Distress Ink by Tim Holtz).

I have a few things in the works for this week. Stop back and make sure to check out:
1. Monday's weekly video tutorial. This one's a good one! The card is so fun this week.
2. A new project every day. Since my week is pretty easygoing after Monday, I'll have time to post a new project every day. Be excited. :)
3. I'm starting work on an Adobe Lightroom 3 tutorial. Basically it'll be about getting started and how I use it. I'm by no means an expert, but I can tell you what I love about it. And yes, the 30-day trial is free to everyone. (I talk more about Lightroom in this post here.)
4. My new Lawn Fawn stamps come tomorrow. I hope to make something by the end of the week to share with you.

That's all for me tonight. I have an Economics midterm to study for an ten hours of classes to put up with tomorrow. It'll be a lonnnngggg day tomorrow, come back and watch my video tomorrow and leave some sweet comments to keep me going through the rough day, k? You're the best. :)

Love.
Brit

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Brit, this is beautiful. Love how you used the stamp.

Barb said...

Hi Brit! Love your fun card with all the pretty colors!

Hang in there on your long day! Good luck on the midterm! I'll be thinkin' aboutcha! :)