A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, October 25, 2010

Video Tutorial Monday #7 - Watercoloring with Different Mediums

Hello, and welcome to another week with a Monday Video Tutorial. I'm having so much fun doing these... I hope you're enjoying them as much as I do making them! The technique this week is something I've been dabbling around all week with: watercolor. After listening to a paperclipping roundtable show where C.D. Muckosky recommended them, I added these 16-color Oval Prang Watercolors to my cart on amazon. (I'm linking to the Blick Art Materials page because they have better pictures, but feel free to do a google search for them.) You can get a set for easily under 10 dollars, and they're so easy to use. In the video, I show you how to do the same technique with chalk inks and distress inks (dye inks) as well, so you can try this project this week. But seriously, the watercolors would make a great stocking stuffer. I highly recommend them. :) 

 The beautiful watercolored butterfly:
 Blingage!

Here's the video. (Watch over at youtube & make sure to subscribe.)

Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Kraft), Patterened Paper- My Mind's Eye, Journaling Card- Jenny Bowlin, Butterfly Stickers- Jenny Bowlin, Ink- Ranger (Barn Door Distress Ink) and Hero Arts (Punch Hero Hues Chalk Ink), Embossing Ink- Tsukineko (Versamark), Embossing Powder- Ranger, Stamps- Hero Arts (CL383) and Studio Calico (Natalee Alphabet), Bling- K & Co., Distressing Tool- Heidi Swapp.

By the way, how fabulous is that alpha? It just came in on Saturday from Two Peas, and I'm absolutely in love. I'm a total sucker for slab serif fonts; they're just so classic and neutral. I apologize in advance if I use it on everything from here on out. The price is unbelievable, too- 12.99 for a high-quality stamp set. Awesome.

Thank you for stoping by again! Leave a comment if you have anything you'd like me to do a video on next week. I'd love to take requests. Check back in tomorrow for some more Studio Calico layouts. Can't wait to share!

Love.
Brit

9 comments:

Barb said...

You are such a natural at these videos! Love watching you create, Brit! Gorgeous butterflies and your card is just beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Brit! The watercoloring looks so great on the butterflies. Great video too!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my! Absolutely amazing, I LOVE the colors on your butterfly, so magical...off to check out the video now!

Michelle said...

Oh, super cute! :) This is so pretty!! *love* the colors you used!

Christiana said...

This card turned out gorgeous, Brit! I love that embossed and watercolored butterfly! Thanks for walking us through the three techniques. What a great, resourceful video! I think we actually sell those watercolors at the Arts & Crafts store where I work. I'll have to check when I go in tomorrow. Yay for employee discounts!

China said...

Wonderful colors in the butterflie! I´ll try watercoloring...:)

Christiana said...

Nope, they didn't have them at work. But my local Staples says they have them in stock. $4.99! I'll pick some up this weekend and give them a go!

Thanks again for the tip!

Jill said...

Fab video and card! You've inspired me to use some watercolors on my next project!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Found your blog and your video from JIll's blog today. Congrats on being featured there. I love to watch stamping videos and yours is great. Love it. I am going to be a frequent visitor here! I am some watercolors, but haven't used them in a long time. Thanks for reminding me about this technique and for the inspiration!