A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day!

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in and share a card I made today in my celebration of this little hobby I love so much. :) This card is for my little brother (who turns 16 years old on Thursday.... oh gosh), and I wanted to do one of the Studio Calico challenges, this one to create a card using scraps from a kit. Here's what I came up with using the August kit Summer Camp + Elk Lake add on:
 Touches of distressing, distress ink, twine, and buttons make it perfectly teenage boy-appropriate.

Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores and Enchanted Evening), Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye, Distressing Tool- Heidi Swapp for Advantus, Buttons- Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy), Ink- Ranger (Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Inks by Tim Holtz) and Colorbox (Chestnut Roan Chalk ink), Fabric Brad- Basic Grey, Twine- Papertrey Ink, Kits- Studio Calico (Elk Lake and Summer Camp), Stamp- Hero Arts (CL340 Birthday Sayings).

Here's a peak into what's going on around here- homecoming weekend. The game was this morning... and we lost. By one point. But oh well; we still had fun :)
 Me plus bf Matt :)
 I love my toms... notice the holes I've worn through them? Ha.
 Face tattoos are a big deal here in MN.
 Our new stadium.
Our M- and our lead. We don't see too many good scores around here. Hehe.

Off to enjoy the rest of my University's homecoming weekend. I'll be back tomorrow with another card. It's a cutie!

Love.
Brit

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, I envy you so much! I would go back and do college all over again! Looks like such fun! Love the card for your brother! Have a great time the rest of the weekend, Brit! :)