A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Friday, October 29, 2010

It's a weekend full of celebrations.

My boss's daughter-in-law just gave birth to my boss's first grandchild! Little Benjamin was born on October 27th, weighed 9 lbs 7 oz and was 21 3/4" long. What a joyous occasion for my boss's family! This was definitely a card-worthy event. Not having to make many baby cards since I'm in college and none of my friends are even close to having children yet, I pulled out my only stamp set I own with a baby-themed sentiment- Wonderfully Whimsical from Papertrey Ink. With Sophie's Sentiments from Lawn Fawn and The Sky is the Limit cloud stamp from Studio Calico, here's what I came up with:
 I used Copics to color in the houses and then cut them out. I adhered them to the back of the piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock hills and then adhered it to the vintage cream paper that I had stamped and masked off the clouds on before applying Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress ink. I love how this card turned out!
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Simply Chartreuse, Kraft, and Vintage Cream), Stamps- Papertrey Ink (Wonderfully Whimsical), Studio Calico (Sky is the Limit Set from May 2010 add-on) and Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments), Ink- Tsukineko (Memento Black) and Ranger (Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and Broken China), Markers- Copic.

Alright, off to go prep for the first night of Halloween festivities. Tonight, Matt and I are going out to some costume parties dressed as football players- he's going to be a Viking, and I'm going to be a Packer. The layout for tonight is going to be a-dor-able :)

Much love! What are you or your kids planning on being for halloween? I need ideas for tomorrow night still. Hehe.

Love.
Brit

3 comments:

Laurie said...

SUPER cute! I love the little houses and your coloring of the sky! Great card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ok, really LOVE these darling houses! Sweet and whimsical, my type of style when it comes to house stamps! Love your color scheme!

Christiana said...

I love it! It turned out completely adorable and so unique. I love that it's not the typical fuzzy, baby pastel card. Not that those aren't cute, but I'll bet she'll receive a dozen like that. Yours will definitely stand out among the rest. It reminds me of something out of Dr. Seuss.

We had to dress up for work for Halloween. I went as the Roaming Gnome. :o)