A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's Inspiring Me This Week.

Hey y'all. I've had things floating around in my google reader as "unread" that have really been inspiring me lately, so I wanted to share some links + pics.

Scrapbook Layouts
A fellow SC'er, Danielle Flanders, was featured on the Moxie Fab blog today. Not only is the whole post inspiring, but her layout she shares simply ROCKS.

Leslie Ashe totally rocked this layout. I just... love everything about it. Her blog is amazing, too. :)

Just for good measure, here's another Leslie Ashe layout. This one was featured on the AC blog. I literally gasped when I saw it.

Cards
This card by Laurie Willison is breathtaking. She combined so many companies' products into such a cohesive card:

Sarah Martina did this fab tutorial on the new quilling dies for the cuttlebug. The flower that she made is beautiful!

Other Amazing Things
The Lawn Fawn design team did a challenge with bags this week, and they turned out sooo gorgeously. This by Mariana Grigsby is one of my faves. Make sure to go over to the Lawn Fawn blog and check out the other amazing projects. :)

These letterpress wedding invitations featured on Oh So Beautiful Paper are amazing. I love the graphic style. I can only hope my wedding invites end up being this adorable.

I couldn't be more excited about the Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 collection. Yummm!

Wedding Dresses
As you may or may not be aware, Bridal Market, a week of runway shows of new wedding collections, is in full swing right now. I follow a few wedding blogs, and the wedding dresses that have been showing in the new collections are GORGEOUS. Now, I'm not engaged or planning on gettting married anytime soon, but I still love looking. There's something so beautiful about a wedding dress. It inspires me to bring in that feeling into my other art, too. Here's a collection of some of my favorite dresses from this last week. Click on the photo to enlarge to full size. :) (All photos are from weddingbee.com by Mrs. Penguin.)


Here's my absolute favorite by Reem Acra:
Or maybe this one by Christos...
Ahhhh... amazing. I love fashion! I've been obsessed with Project Runway lately and getting caught up with the current season. I seriously would wear everything that Mondo makes. He's a freaking genius! All of my fashion design friends love him.

What's inspiring you today?

Love.
Brit

4 comments:

Christiana said...

YOU'RE inspiring me today! What a great idea -- spotlighting other blogs. I'd love to do something like this. Do you normally have to ask the person before copying their pics or do you find that they don't mind, since you're just sharing the love?

Laurie's blog is fabulous! I'm so glad you shared! I'd never seen it before.

Laurie said...

OMG! I just found your blog today and there is the sweetest shout out! Thank you so much for you kind words! I love your blog and will totally be saving it in my reader! Have a great weekend!

Sarah Martina said...

I'm with Laurie, only a tad bit late to the party, lol! Love your blog, and so thankful for your sweet words! Thanks bunches! (Wish I could've met the Pres w/you! Love that post!)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Brit, Thanks a lot for your kind words about my work!!! I love all what you are sharing in this post!