A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summertime.

Summer means watermelon, American flags waving in the breeze, weddings, and baseball.

I'm proud to say that I'm enjoying all of these things in some capacity in the next couple of days. Tonight, I'm going to a Twins game (my first one in the brand new stadium) to celebrate a little piece of Americana. Tomorrow, I'm headed back to Wisconsin to celebrate the weekend with my family. I miss them so much; I haven't seen them since March! And my cats... aw, my cats. I'm so excited to have my little furbabies in my arms again! Anyways, I thought I would share what I've been up to during this incredibly busy week:

1. First, I made a card for my roommate's parents. It was their anniversary yesterday, their 25th, so I did something elegant and (somewhat) gender-neutral:
(Funny story: I forgot to photograph it before giving it to her, so I had to sneak it out of her room before she sealed it in the envelope. Ha. The things I do for papercrafting.)
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist), Stamps- Papertrey Ink (Autumn Abundance and Butterfly Dreams), Number Stickers- Making Memories, White Pen- Signo, Ink- Versamagic by Tsukineko, Corner Rounder- WRMK, Rhinestones- The Paper Studio.

2. I'm in a photography class right now. I decided to take it over the summer for a couple of reasons: there are a ton of things to photograph, and I could actually dedicate creative time to it now when I only have a job to worry about and not other studio classes. Our first big assignment was to take six pictures of the same place: three objective and three subjective. Subjective photos employ emotion, point of view, and personal significance, so naturally they are more interesting. I thought I would share mine with you, because I'm liking how they turned out.

Back story: On Monday, I heard a loud crash outside of my window. I looked out and saw bulldozers and diggers ripping down the old, abandoned University building across the street from me. I felt inspired to take pictures of the building half torn-down and vulnerable like this. By Tuesday afternoon, the building was completely demolished. There's something about capturing such a specific moment in time where the building looked like this that really speaks to me.


(click the pictures to enlarge)

3. I can barely contain my excitement about the next couple days: my Big Shot is coming in the mail today along with my Spellbinder circle dies, I have a few cards to make, I get to play with legos for homework, I'm going to a baseball game, and I'm going hommmmmeeeee. And watching fireworks. And it's the 4th. Oh boy oh boy! I'm so excited.

4. Did I mention that I'm going home? That I get to see this guy?
Ahhhh. So excited.

Love.

Brit

No comments: