A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Some doily love.

I was wanting to create but needing an idea, so when I came across this sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You this week, I was thrilled. It was perfect to incorporate my new favorite stamp. Here's the sketch:
And here's what I came up with:
A close up:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Kraft and Spring Moss), Ink- Tsukineko (Black Memento) and Colorbox (Wisteria), Ribbon- Papertrey Ink, Pearls- Michael's, Stamps- Hero Arts (CL414 Classic Messages and S5317 Starburst Lace).

And now for some links. These things have been inspiring me all week:
-This card is corner-rounding amazing (from this entry). Love the lively design of this!
-Paislee Press has a design team call out. I'm thinking about applying. Simple is right up my alley, and I love this collection sooo much..
-The new Papertrey Ink release is to die for. I'm completely smitten with All Booked Up. That and the coordinating die will be making its way to my happy little scrap corner very, very soon. (Along with some items from the Harvest Color new color from them. Yum!)
-This esty shop, L´atelier de Luluu, is amazing. If I had an iPhone, I don't think I could resist these adorable felt cases. I love realistic things like this.
-I've been listening to Paperclipping Roundtable a lot lately. It's very interesting, makes you think about scrapping, and it's great to have on in the background when I'm working. I love the sb celebs that they get on there; some of my very favorite people have been on the show like Jennifer McGuire and Kelly Purkey.
-The classes get posted for Scrapfest 2010 on Monday the 19th. I'm so excited! I love having a conference like this ten minutes away from my place.  I took Hero Arts and American Crafts classes last year, and the previews for the new ones look incising.

See you soon. Lots to share. :)

Love.

Brit

2 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

lovely!