A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Video Tutorial Monday #5 - Heat Embossing

Hey y'all! Glad you're back for another week of some tutorial fun. :) This week, I finally picked up the Cling Dots background stamp from Hero Arts, and I've been going a little crazy around here stamping everything with it. This card is no exception. I realized that over the years, heat embossing is one of the things that has the most little tips and tricks I use every time to make the best image possible. They all work together to get a great stamped and embossed image every time. Here's the card for this week:
 And a close-up of the beautiful, embossed butterflies:
Now that you've seen what we're making this week, here's the video. As always, you can also view it over at youtube, and make sure to subscribe to my channel so you don't miss a video. :)


Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Berry Sorbet and Kraft), Stamps- Hero Arts (CG139 Cling Dots and CL447 Beautiful Peacocks) and Studio Calico (Butterflies from the Fresh Cut September Add On), Ink- Tsukineko (Versamark and Black Memento), and Embossing Powder- Ranger, Black Pen- Copic, Gemstones- Hero Arts, Ribbon- Papertrey Ink, Washi Tape- PrettyTape on etsy, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

So if you haven't taken out your heat gun in a while, I challenge you this week to pull it out and do some simple embossing on your next card. Let me know how it turns out! Hope to see you tomorrow for some more crafty fun and next Monday for another Video Tutorial Monday. :)

Love.
Brit

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute card, Brit! You're really doing awesome with these video tutorials. Keep em' coming! :)

Raven B said...

This is beautiful.
Hugs,
Raven

Christiana said...

Love the card! And great job on the video tutorial. You're doing so great! Keep 'em coming.

Where do you purchase your washi tape? I love the look of it!

Susan Disharoon said...

Thank you for video tutorial. I love the butterfly stamp that coordinates with the Martha Stewart punch. I already own the punch but want to purchase the stamps and can not seem to locate them even with the information you provided. Would you be so kind as to either give me a direct link or a little more information. I would really appreciate it. Thank you again. -- Susan