A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thinking Inking: Week 2.

It's been a crazy busy week over here in Minneapolis-land, but I have been DYING to play with my new Lawn Fawn stamps as well as some of the ideas I've seen over at the Thinking Inking class. I'm hanging out in the suburbs with my boyfriend's family for the night, and it's just what I need. It's so night to get away from campus every once in a while. Every time I visit here, Matt's family keeps me laughing my butt off; they are seriously the funniest family I've ever met. Love it here! Makes me miss my own home, but this one is only 30 minutes away versus mine which is 5 hours. So I guess my bf's fam will have to do for now. :) I wanted to pop in and share my latest creations inspired by Jennifer McGuire's Holiday Thinking Inking Class over at two peas. Love the projects this week!

This was printing with an acrylic block and distress ink:
 I used Wild Honey and Dried Marigold distress ink, then misted the block with ink before stamping it. Love this look; I'd never tried it before and loooove this technique.
 Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Black), Watercolor Paper- Blick, Stamps- Lawn Fawn (Heebie Jeebies), Ink- Tsukineko (Memento Black and Brillance White) and Ranger (Distress Inks by Tim Holtz in Wild Honey and Dried Marigold), Rhinestones- Queen & Co., Copic marker (for coloring rhinestones)- T9), Ribbon- May Arts, Embossing Tool- Martha Stewart Score Board.

This next one uses this fab bleeding technique. I stamped the wreath once, spritzed it with water a few times and let it bleed a lot, and dried it with a heat gun. Then, I stamped over it again in the same color ink (peeled paint), and spritzed it again, but only lightly. After everything was all dry, I still got a crisp image with the bleeding effect underneath. I adore how this turned out!
 After doing the wreath in green and letting it dry, I used a q-tip to color in the berries with fired brick distress ink and stamped the bow on a separate piece of paper, inked it, and adhered it with some foam adhesive. After I had the rest of the card ready to go, I went back and added some glossy accents for some extra shine. Perfect!
 Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Kraft), Watercolor Paper- Blick, Patterned Paper- Basic Grey (Wander 6 by 6 pad), Stamps- Lawn Fawn (Bows and Holly), Embossing Ink- Tsukineko (Versamark), Embossing Powder- Ranger, Glossy Accents- Ranger, Ink- Ranger (Distress Ink by Tim Holtz in Fired Brick and Peeled Paint), Thread- DMC, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

This last one uses generation stamping. I love the cling stamp set that I used... I need to remember to use it more. It's so pretty!
I used watercolor paper for this technique, and I like how the colors turned out. They seem to stay a lot more vibrant when on watercolor paper. Thanks to Jennifer McGuire for always suggesting it! Finally I decided to take her advice. Hehe.

Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss and Aqua Mist), Watercolor Paper- Blick, Stamps- Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments) and Hero Arts (CG170 Wildflower Garden), Ink- Ranger (Distress Inks by Tim Holtz in Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Saphire, Antique Linen, and Vintage Photo), Corner Rounder- WRMK.

Okay, off to bed for this tired girl. This weekend definitely needs to be a relaxing one for me. Oi! This week has been so long. See you guys tomorrow. You know I couldn't resist playing a little more with my new stamps. ;)

Love.
Brit

6 comments:

Barb said...

Fun techniques, Brit! Love the way your wreath turned out! I forgot about the bleeding technique and need to give it a try! Have a good day, sweet girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. nice work, Brit! You did such a great job with all of the techniques. Very impressive!

~kelly marie~ said...

These cards are so fantastic!! Wow!! I just adore them! The wreath card is just amazing! Love them all! :)

Kelly said...

Great cards!

Ruby said...

Love your cards, and great techniques too!!

Libby Hickson said...

These are all great but I LOVE that wreath!!