A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My favorite butterfly.

Just a quick post today; I'm not feeling very well at all, so I'm going to spend the evening relaxing and trying to play a little catch-up on writing some papers. I wanted to pop in to share a card, though. I also go my Lawn Fawn stamps today, and I can't wait to playyyyy. Hope to have something to share soon! Here's today's card:
 I used distress inks (Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, and Shabby Shutters) to color in the butterfly. I saw this technique in the Thinking Inking class last week (Week 1, Project 1) and loved it!
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Enchanted Evening, Vintage Cream, and Kraft), Patterned Paper- Basic Grey (Wanderer Collection 6 by 6 pad), Ink- Ranger (Distress Inks by Tim Holtz- Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, and Shabby Shutters) and Tsukineko (Memento Black), Die Border- Sizzix (Tim Holtz), Twine- May Arts, Liquid Pearls- Ranger (While Opal), White Pen- Signo, Pearls- Queen & Co., Stamps- Hero Arts (CL383 Antique Engravings and CL232 Jolly Christmas).

Hope you get some time to get inky tonight. :)

Love.
Brit

2 comments:

Barb said...

Fun cardstock, Brit! Love your beautiful, green butterfly! I sure hope you feel better soon! It's no fun being sick, especially when you've got classes to go to and studying to do! Rest as much as you can and take it easy. Hugs to you!

Christiana said...

So pretty, Brit! I love this butterfly too, but have yet to add it to my collection. Must do that soon. Glad you got your Lawn Fawn goodies! Can't wait to see what you make with them. Hope you feel better!