A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Friday, January 15, 2010

Simplicity is the theme of the week.

I've never considered myself an "embellished" scrapper per say, but this is a whole new level of streamlined for me. For some reason, it's just how I'm feeling lately. And I like it. I like it a lot. (My silhouette helps too... such pretty letters!)

1. Minnesota Football 2009


Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (Kraft) and Papertrey Ink (Summer Sunrise and Vintage Cream), Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Digital Cutter- Silhouette SD, Thread- DMC, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

2. One Two One Seven Five-Hundred: It's an inside just between my dad and myself- I was playing a computer game when I was seven or eight and asked him to remember my score, which I read as "One two one seven five-hundred. He said, "okay, I'll remember it forever." My dad has a quirky sense of humor, so when he said forever, he meant it. It's our running joke (or rather an understanding) that I'm supposed to ask him what the number is when he's walking me down the isle on my wedding day so that he can show me that he truly remembered it forever.


 
Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (White and Green), Archiver's (Teal), and Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss), Digital Cutter- Silhouette SD, Patterned Paper- Making Memories.

3. We Live for the Weekends: a layout about my friends and our various crazy college weekend activities.



Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (Black) and Archiver's (Pink), Patterned Paper- Sassafras Amplified, Digital Cutter- Silhouette SD, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

Speaking of simple, my Project 365 Photo for today is the simple, delicious dinner I made tonight:

Potato Soup.... Yum! Here's the recipe (but really, you could add whatever you want. This is just what I had in my fridge.)

4 slices of bacon, raw
1 half of a large yellow onion, chopped
4 Medium to Large Yellow-Skinned potatoes, Cubed into big pieces (mine were about 1" by 1" by 1/2")
1 C. baby carrots
1 Large (16 oz.) can Chicken Broth
2 C. Water
2 tsp. beef bullion granules
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Directions: Cook bacon in a large pot (the same one you'll be making the soup in) until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside. Save the bacon grease in the bottom of the pan. Add onions, cook until translucent. When the onions are translucent, add potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, water, beef bullion, and garlic salt. After everything comes to a rolling boil, turn the pot down to a simmer and add half of the bacon, crumbled. Simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender. Serve with crumbled bacon on top. Yum!

I'm off to have a relaxing night in. I may be back at college, but I have no desire to go out when all my best friends aren't back yet. That's for next weekend. :) Have a great evening!

Love.

Brit

2 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love your layouts! Boy, you are good to be getting 3 done and completed! I really admire the one about your dad and the 'secret' score...that is really precious and I'm so glad that he reminded you to say that on your wedding day....awww!

Great looking potato soup, yum! Have a great weekend!

Savitri said...

Great pages!!! Love the simple look and the use of fonts. So fun!! The soup looks yumm too!!!