A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm feeling very masculine...

Well, at least when it comes to making birthday cards. It's always so hard for me to make cards without something girly on them, but I have just as many guy friends as girl friends, so it's important I keep quite a few on hand. So without further ado, the birthday card obsession continues along with a couple tricks for making your own masculine cards:

1. Blue- I found that by choosing one color as your main focus for the card and adding neutrals and maybe a touch of one other color, it becomes easier to stick to your masculine theme. I like to think of it this way: if my dad would be okay with his office being painted in the color, it can be easily used for a masculine theme.
Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (Grey) and Papertrey Ink (Cream and Aqua Mist), Buttons- Papertrey Ink, Thread- DMC, Patterned Paper- Basic Grey June Bug, Ink- Tsukineko, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

2. Use two favorite colors. When my friend, Shishira, asked me to make a birthday card for her best guy friend, she also told me his two favorite colors- green and black. It's a perfect starting point.

3. Buttons are always the perfect accent on a card for a guy. Using buttons helps me restrain myself from using flowers as accents. :) Here in this card, the buttons are the star:
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (Kraft) and Papertrey Ink (Cream), Ink- Tsukineko (Black) and Papertrey Ink (Vintage Creme), Circle Punch- EK Success, Stamps- Papertrey Ink (Polka Dot Basics II) and Hero Arts (CL340), Thread- DMC, Buttons- Papertrey Ink (New Leaf and Spring Moss), Corner Rounder-WRMK.

4. Incorporate food. I don't think that requires any explanation.
Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (teal and green) and Papertrey Ink (Cream), Stamps- Hero Arts (CL340, CL168, CG113), Buttons- Papertrey Ink, Ink- Tsukineko, Corner Rounder- WRMK.

5. It's okay to be a little girly. You're a female. They'll understand.
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (Kraft), Archiver's (Green) and Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Patterned Paper- Basic Grey Urban Prairie, Stamps- Hero Arts (CL340) and Papertrey Ink (Background Basics: Diamonds), Circle Punch- EK Success, Ribbon- Papertrey Ink.

I hope you've enjoyed this foray into masculine territory. What's your favorite tip for making masculine cards?

Love.

Brit

No comments: