A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I {heart} scrapbooking.

It's been a while since I've scrapped, but I've cranked out two layouts in the last 24 hours. I just had to let everything go- I can't be afraid to use or not use something. Just do it. Just tell the story. I like this feeling of freedom. :)

Layout #1: About the Twins game I went to in May. This one only took an hour and five minutes to complete, from start to finish. I'm so proud of myself- I think this is the quickest layout I've ever done, and I love it. This is my interpretation of Ali Edwards' style. Super simple and beautiful.. (love her!)
My favorite part:
Journaling (almost always handwritten, because I like the memories...):
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio, White Pen- Signo Uniball, Foam Letters- Thickers by American Crafts, Corner Rounder- The Paper Studio, Thread- DMC, Other- Buttons.

Layout #2: St. Patrick's day (I miss my college friends so much... only 9 days left until I see them again!) This started out with me not wanting to fuss over the photo arrangement, so I just plopped them down at different levels. I love this look. :) Then, everything just kind of evolved from there. I had no idea what I was doing when I first looked at the photos, but everything just happened. The journaling is around the outside, because I felt like it. Ha. This one only took my an hour and a half. Sooo quick today!
Dimension is my favorite:
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio, Patterned Paper- Basic Grey (Argyle and floral) and October Afternoon (green polka dot), Letter stickers and "remember" sticker- October Afternoon, Pen- Signo Uniball, Circle Punch- EK Success, Corner Rounder- Fiskars, Dimensional Adhesive- EK Success, Ink- Tim Holtz for Ranger (Shabby Shutters), Thread- DMC, Other- Buttons.

Everything's changing around me, but now I'm ready for it. Bring it on. :)

What do you think of the layouts? I forgot how much I love scrapbooking- it's so rewarding. Thanks for stopping by, loves!

Love.

Brit

1 comment:

Kim J said...

I can't believe how quickly you cranked these out!! Fab job, Brit!