A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Helllllooooo from beautiful Australia :)

G'day and hope you all are having a great time back in the states or wherever you are from :) I'm stopping in to share some pictures with you from my adventure so far. It's been a whirlwind here, and I'm just not getting the chance to sit down and edit some photos. I've taken over 1000 so far, and I'm sure there will be more! It's a blustery, rainy day here in Sydney. We might go out to the markets later, but right now all I can think about is staying inside and dry! Well anyways, let the storytelling of my adventure to Sydney begin:

I had a really long layover in San Francisco, so I got to watch the sun set over the mountains. It was my first time west of Minnesota and my first time seeing mountains. Big day! Then, I set off on my 15 hour flight. Man, that was rougher than rough. I don't think I've ever done anything for that long before. Haha. But I rested up, and the next day, we got to go to the grocery store.
Vegemite. I still haven't tried it, and I'm scared. No one will tell me what it's like. Haha. They had sooo many awesome things at the grocery store, though. I can't wait to go back and buy some timtams and other aussie treats to take home with me.
Sara and me at the grocery store after buying a ton of groceries.
After getting some groceries, we went to the Powerhouse Museum in downtown. It focuses on Science and Design- a perfect combo for Sara (the science nerd) and me (the design nerd)... we had a ton of fun. Isn't this lamp fantastic?
There was an awesome 80's exhibit. The clothes were to die for. I kind of want this dress, not gonna lie.
Another part of the museum was about littering and trash on the coast. One artist gathered trash off a couple of beaches and made sculptures out of it. It's amazing how something so detrimental can be so beautiful at the same time.
Hehe. I just thought this was adorable. They had a display of tea cozies, and this one was my absolute favorite. I want.
 This was me in the zero-gravity space chamber. It was a replica of a space station designed to make you feel weightless. I don't know what they did, but Sara and I were thoroughly nauseous when we walked out of there! Hehe. This is one of my favorite pictures of the day.
On the way home, we came across an American candy store. Check out the price of these poptarts: 17 dollars for a box! In the US I can get a box on sale for 2.50. Crazy Aussies. Hehe.

So that was my first day out in the big city. I have lots more to share with you, so make sure to come back soon!

Love.

Brit

No comments: