A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Friday, June 4, 2010

Australian Adventure, Part Two.

G-day :) Today, we're off to a Saturday market in The Rocks, and I couldn't be more excited. This will hopefully give me a chance to pick up some awesome gifts for my family and friends back in the states. With the exchange rate especially good today at about 84 cents to the dollar, I think that's a perfect sign to spend a little cash. Hehe.

Okay, so on to the recap. The second full day I was here, on Sunday, we went to the Taronga Zoo. This was probably the coolest zoo I'd ever been to, just because I had never even heard of some of the animals. I learned so much and had a fabulous day hanging out with my friends and the animals.
Here's a shot from the ferry on the way to the zoo. The ferry ride cost us about ten dollars for a round trip, and it was so worth the fantastic pictures I took on the way there and back. This was my first encounter with the Opera House in all of its glory, as well. Just lovely.
The entry sign from the bottom of the hill. We took a cable car up to the top (which was covered by our admission fee) and got a fantastic view of the water down below. I highly recommend this zoo if you're ever in the area. It's fantastic!
My first encounter with a wallaby. They posed for us. Isn't this guy absolutely adorable?
This peacock posed for us as well. I've always thought it funny how they roam about in the park. I don't mind, though :)
This adorable creature is called an echidna. Like a porcupine but much cuter.
I also had my first encounter with koalas. Oh my gosh. They are so freaking adorable. I want to steal one and bring one home with me so badly. Something makes me think that US customs wouldn't be so happy about that, though. Hehe.
Another koala picture. I think I took about two hundred koala pictures. And I love every single one of them.
My favorite kangaroo.
He let me pet him. He was soft. And adorable.
Sara put this one straight to sleep. We now call her The Kangaroo Whisperer.
My second favorite picture of the day. The giraffe contrasted against the skyline. Gorgeous.
And then, of course, there were the chimps that had paper shreddings. It was quite a sight, and the baby chimps were absolutely precious.
Adam (Sara's twin brother) and me posing in the middle of a massive bench. It somehow ended up being a perfect day for the zoo, even though it was supposed to rain.
My absolute favorite picture of the day from the ferry on the way home. The skyline is gorgeous against the setting sun.
Holding up our train and ferry tickets. This is how we get around the city; the public transportation is so efficient here that 90 percent of people take the train or bus to work. Awesome. Way to go, Sydney. :)

Time to get ready for another busy day. I'll be back soon with another update! Thanks for stopping by, as always.

Love.

Brit

1 comment:

Tiffany Ervin said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your time over there! These are absolutely amazing pics! I laughed when I saw the price of pop tarts, oh my!