A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My New Favorite Things

Hello! It's a rainy day here in Wisconsin, and I'm enjoying just relaxing, cozying up under some blankets, and scrapping. Here are my new favorite things:

1. This layout. I made it using mostly American Crafts products- I wanted to feature their cardstock on a layout like this layout did but in a different way. I looove my American Crafts cardstock, so I knew I wanted to do something really cool. Remember this comforter that I made? I used it for inspiration for this layout. Here's the final result:

Close-up of my favorite details :)

Close-up of the texture- love it!

Supplies: Cardstock- American Crafts (Black, Grape, Blossom, Lipgloss, Cherry, Apricot, Lemon, Leaf, Emerald, and Aqua), Letter Stickers- American Crafts Thickers, Border Stamp- Hero Arts, Letter Rub-Ons- American Crafts, Thread- DMC, Ink- Colorbox Chalk and Stazon by Tsukineko, Embossing Powder and Ink- Ranger, Other- Buttons and Pen.

2. Everything that came in my Two Peas order yesterday. It's all even more than I thought it would be. Seriously, Cherry Hill is more gorgeous in real life than I imagined. Early Bird is absolutely fantastic as well. Now, I just need to get over my fear of "ruining" the paper. Ha. Here are some pictures of my order- LOVES.

I love Cherry Hill by October Afternoon. (Plus the letter stickers from Ducks in a Row.) [Do you see the second Cherry Hill pad? Hmmmm I smell a giveaway soon!]

I also love Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird. It's gorgeous in real life.

Here are some other random things- Sassafras, a Panda Stamp, some Jenni Bowlin, Lime Rickey (I can't wait to do something with that crazy- patterned paper. Oh boy!), and Doodlebug. Yum!

3. Flowers. This is my recent goal- I want to get a job as a florist this summer. If I learn now, that skill would be so useful later in life.

4. Amy Butler's Website. It's inspiring- check out these patterns. Fabulous!

5. Playing with stitching and knitting. Here's an indespensible website that someone shared with me the other day- it's wonderful for embroidery. I've also started knitting again. I want to knit a sweater or something. Like this owl one that I've talked about before. Ohhhh.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I'm glad you liked the tutorial yesterday. Now I'm coming up with ideas to do next. :) Have a happy, cozy day!

Love.

Brit

No comments: