A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Remind me why I didn't buy rain boots again?

(My to-d0 list from yesterday... I only got, like, half of it done, but that's okay.)

The sky looks very threatening- threatening to pour all over as soon as I walk outside. I feel like it's going to be in interesting day. At least it'll be cooler than yesterday. Seriously, I love 70-degree weather, but it's not so fun when it makes the entire dorm- and every one in it- smell like feet. Ha.

In other news, I've recently realized the trick to the Freshman 15. It comes not from having the choice to eat unlimited food in the residence halls. It comes not from going home over winter break and eating tons of home-cooked food. It comes from the last two weeks of school when you're so unbelievably sick of the food the dining halls serve. You see, since you just can't eat that mediocre food anymore, you rebel. And then you eat Chipotle three times in a week. Uh, a 2000 calorie burrito three times in one week?

Uh, yes. That's where the Freshmen 15 comes from.

On to some cards I made yesterday. Not going to lie, I like them a lot.

1. Mother's day card for my mom. :) I decided to forgo the "happy mother's day" statement and simply say "i love you". I figure she has enough cards that say "happy mother's day" on the front. I also got the chance to use a set of Fontwerks stamps I won from the Moxie Fab Blog. They're pretty nice. :)
(I stamped and embossed the silver flowers first, and then I went back over an embossed the leaves in clear for a different kind of look.)

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (green and purple) and The Paper Studio (White), Patterned Paper- Basic Grey Wisteria Collection, Ribbon- Offray, Stamps- Fontwerks, Letter Stickers- Making Memories, Gold Pen- Zig, Embossing Powder- Ranger, Embossing Ink- Ranger.

2. Boyfriend's 5-month card. I know what you're thinking, "That's too much- why do you have to celebrate every month?" It's just kind of something I've always done. I like making cards, and I like him, so it seems logical to make cards for him. Plus, it's good to remind him that I am completely grateful for all the things he does for me. And yes, I did use the Houndstooth stamp again. And yes, I'm still in love with it.
(Illustrating the clear window in the card.)
(The message inside with my favorite rub-ons.)

Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (black), Bazzill (Blue), and American Crafts (Grey), Chipboard "5"- Basic Grey, Ribbon- Offray, Transparency- Hambly, Letter Rub-ons- Doodlebug, Border Punch- Fiskars, Stamp- Hero Arts, Embossing Ink- Ranger, Embossing Powder- Ranger. Black Ink- Tsukineko.

Oh, and Happy Cinco de Mayo! Creo que ire a un restaurante para comer este noche. Chipotle, anyone? Ha.

Love.

Brit

2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

yo quiero mucho "los dentos del perros"!!! todos los dias!!! en todos su tarjetas! !!!AAAAYYYYYYYYY!!! :)

(your mother's day card is not too shabby either, for that matter!!!)

Kim J said...

LOL. Ah yes, Chipotle. I have the "remodeling 15" -- also thanks to Chipotle's tasty yet evil burritos. {shakes fist at sky} But forgetting about Chipotle for a moment: your 5 Months card is amazing!

Good luck with Kristina's color challenge! :) Boy that one was rough. . . .