A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The best pages come out of thin air.

I was sitting waiting for the bus two weeks ago and started thinking about all the ways I've changed over the past year. I made a list on my iPod and didn't know what to do with it. Well, until last night when I saw my prints that Shutterfly just sent me. I saw one of my self-portraits and new it would be perfect for this:

It's clear- my first clear layout. :)

Close-up:

Supplies: Patterned Paper- Making Memories, Clear Background- KI Memories, Graph Paper- Art Supply Store (actually, this one- it's fabulous.), Number Stickers- Making memories, Flowers- Prima, Embroidery Thread- DMC, Ric Rac- Bazzill, Corner Rounder- The Paper Studio, Other- Buttons and pen.

This was loosely inspired by Wendy Rago's (the owner of Bad Girls Kits) "Best" layout that I found a while ago... it inspired me to buy the scalloped background, even though it took me 8 months to use it. :)

Thank you for looking! I'll be back tomorrow with more I think. I got quite a bit of scrapbooking done last night, but the other two pages are waiting for that "one more thing".

2. Hop on over here to 2S4Y to see about their big celebration event coming in two weeks. I'm excited, and you should be, too.

3.I leave you with my favorite thing about being home. I took this one this morning where my two cuddly kitties were sitting next to eachother looking at the absolutely gorgeous tree outside my window. (Oh yeah, and the birds in it...) Love it.

Love.

Brit

P.S.- Yesterday I applied for a position at Archiver's. I don't have high hopes (I'm a college student who won't be here four months from now), but I would LOVE to have this job, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

2 comments:

Shaina Longstreet said...

your page is FANTASTIC!!! love that picture of you and the fact that your page is clear. i've never tried that!
awesome job. thanks so much for playing along with us over at THe CrEAtiVe TyPe!
<3 a TyPisT

Kent said...

Wow -this is great! LOVE the stacked flowers and the picture is great! :-P Thanks for playing with us!