A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Video Tutorial and some cards!

I'm incredibly excited to bring you a how-to video on my color pencil techniques that I've been using on cards for the past couple weeks (here and here).

First, I would like to thank everyone for stopping by this weekend and participating in the blog hop. It was truly an awesome experience. For more information about Cards for Heroes, you can go to their website here.

I would like to share a color challenge that really inspired me this weekend. Kim Jacksoki constantly shares her beautiful cards, and she decided to have her first Color Craze challenge. Here's her swatch:

And here's what I did:

Close-up:

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (Pink and Yellow) and The Paper Studio (Kraft and White), Patterned Paper- Making Memories, Ink- StazOn by Tsukineko, Stamp- Inque Boutique, 1" punch- Fiskars, Border Punch- Martha Stewart, Corner Rounder- The Paper Studio.

Next, here's a cardlet I made with some scraps. Isn't it adorable? It's about 2 by 3 inches.

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (Yellow) and The Paper Studio (Kraft), The Paper Studio, Patterned Paper- Sassafras Lass, Houndstooth Stamp- Hero Arts, Ink- Tsuineko, Embossing Ink and Powder- Ranger, and Border Punch- Martha Stewart.

Lastly, the tutorial. I'm really excited about this. It's my first video, so it's a little rough, but I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any questions or comments. :)



Here's the card I made with the two-toned flower:

Close-up:

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (Yellow) and The Paper Studio (White), Patterned Paper- Basic Grey, Stamps- Inkadinkado, Colored Pencils- Crayola, Border Punch- Martha Stewart, Ink- StazOn by Tsukineko, Letter Stickers- Making Memories, Thread- DMC.

Whew. Long post today. I hope you have a wonderful day- leave a comment if you watch the video so I can see if you liked it!

Love.

Brit

6 comments:

Handmade by Odette said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my Mother's cards :). By the way, I love this colored pencil tutorial, very helpful.
Hugs,

Hot Wheels and Glue Guns said...

Great video, very easy to follow, I look forward to making some of my own!

Kim J said...

Brit, I love them! Absolutely gorgeous job with the colors. :) thanks for playing!

Kim J said...

Alrighty, second comment! Just watched the tutorial. :) Great job explaining what you were doing as you worked. I shot a tutorial video for a class once, and that was the hardest part. It's so easy to just get into your groove and "do it" without explaining exactly what you're doing and why.

Can't wait to see what you do next now that you've got one under your belt!

Deb Rymer said...

Love your "miss you, miss you, miss you" card! The paper-pieced background is so beautiful - and the message comes through loud and clear. Also enjoyed your tutorial - thanks for the tips!

Sandy said...

Your tutorial is awesome! Well done! I posted a link over on Stamphaven.com where a lot of CFH folks hang out--and are always asking about coloring. :)

And by the way I adore that inchie card, it's sooooooo sweet!