A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Friday, May 22, 2009

Feelin' Summery.

The sun is shining, the ceiling fans are on, and everyone's getting ready for the holiday weekend. It's feeling like summer around here.

Finally. :)

I made another card yesterday for the challenge at Card-A-Licious to use stitching, flowers, and stars and incorporated it with this color challenge from Moxie Fab World:

Here's what I did. I really, really like how this turned out.

Close up- I use too many foam adhesive squares. :)

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (Both Greens), The Paper Studio (White), and American Crafts (Yellow), Stamps- Hero Arts (Very Small Flowers) and Autumn Leaves (Everything else), Acrylic stars- Heidi Swapp for Advantus, Embroidery Thread- DMC, Black Ink- Tsukineko, Foam Adhesive Squares- EK Success, Paint Pen- ZIG by Ek Success, Colored pencils- Crayola, Rubon- Pebbles, Inc.

Next, here's a really quick journaling card for 52Q- What was the last brave thing I did? I was trying to come up with a way to use this Making Memories Just Chillin' Boy Collection Paper, and although I'm not too crazy about how this project turned out, I think it would be perfect for a Cards for Heroes card, so I'll work on that.

Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (Kraft) and American Crafts (Grey), Patterned Paper- Making Memories (Just Chillin' Boy and Girl Collections), Ink- Tim Holtz for Ranger, Marker- ZIG.

Look tomorrow (or maybe later today) for a post for the Cards for Heroes bloghop. For more info, check it out here. (There will be prizes!) I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

Love.

Brit

3 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

love the layering! thanks for playing along with us at Cardalicious!

Agus said...

Super cute card! love how you used the different stamps!
thanks for stopping in my blog :D and leaving a nice comments !
Hugs,
Agus

Renee Lamb said...

wow! i LOVE those colors and the stitching! Both your cards are awesome! Love your work!