A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, March 29, 2010

Day Two.

A. Look at this... I love this idea for a wedding. Instead of throwing rice, letting balloons go. These pictures are awesome! My only worry would be about the environment and birds... balloons and nature don't exactly get along. So I was thinking maybe you could release them in an atrium or something. Still beautiful and sunny, but no environmental impact. Any other ideas? Ha, and no, I'm still not planning on getting married anytime soon... I just like to imagine it in my head :)
(Found here at Once Wed)

B. Guess where I'm going in May? To visit my best friend, Sara, who's studying abroad in Australia.... I'm buying my ticket this week, and I couldn't be more excited!
(Photo from Sara, taken by her brother. I can't wait to go see this beautiful girl! I miss her so much.)

C. How about today's card?
I figured I'd play off the pretty red balloons from earlier in the post :). This card uses some of the new goodies I recieved last week, and I love its simplicity. Tricks to this card:
1. I stamped the Hero Arts poppy background stamp, colored all of the flowers in, and cut them out.
2. I used three buttons with twin- it's always good to follow the triangle and threes rules. You can never fail with them!
3. Kraft + Red + Cream... could that be a more delicious color combo? Yum!
4. You know I can never resist adding some dimension with my foam adhesive:
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream and Kraft), Ink- Tsukineko, Colored Pencils- Prisma, Buttons- Papertrey Ink, Button Twine- Papertrey Ink, Stamps- Papertrey Ink (Fillable Frames #1- Many Thanks) and Hero Arts (CG147 Floating Blossoms), Corner Rounder- WRMK.

Thanks for stopping by again today! Come back tomorrow for another yummy card. :)

Love.

Brit

No comments: