I have a growing pile of cards sitting on my desk, waiting to share with you. So here's what I'm going to do... I'm going to share one card a day for the next two weeks, maybe with some random thoughts and inspiration. Just because I feel like it, and I want to set a little goal for myself and this bloggy-blog. So here we go!
A. First off, let me start by saying that I got new Hero Arts and Papertrey Ink goodies last week. Oh goodness! I love everything so much. I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of things using these goodies in the next couple weeks:
18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, with the 50mm f/1.8D AF lens on my wishlist. Any suggestions? I need to get a camera case as well... what kind do you use?
C. Today's card.
I'm getting a jump on Mother's day cards and using some new awesome things. Here's what I did:
1. I stamped the friends definition on PTI Vintage Cream cardstock in Chestnut Roan ink.
2. I used Shabby Shutters, Broken China, and Peeled Paint distress inks and blended them all together using a foam blending tool to add some depth and color.
3. I stamped the largest Dahlia from PTI's Delightful Dahlia stamp set from their newest release.
4. Stamp the image again on scratch paper; cut it out. use temporary adhesive to adhere it over the top of the original flower image.
5. Spritz the background with a mixture of perfect pearls and water in a mini mister, set aside to let dry under a heavy object.
6. When dry, remove the mask and embellish as desired.
Wanna see the beautiful shine? Here it is:
And I think it's ten times prettier in real life. I'm going to be spraying everything now. Hehe. You can buy the single jar of perfect pearls through Hero Arts here- I highly recommend them!
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Card Base- Hero Arts (Hero Hues in Floral), Ink- Colorbox (Chestnut Roan), Ranger (Shabby Shutters, Broken China, and Peeled Paint), Perfect Pearls- Ranger, Stamps- Hero Arts (Friends Definition), Papertrey Ink (Delightful Dahlia), Ribbon- Offray.
See you tomorrow for day two! Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)