A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day One.

I have a growing pile of cards sitting on my desk, waiting to share with you. So here's what I'm going to do... I'm going to share one card a day for the next two weeks, maybe with some random thoughts and inspiration. Just because I feel like it, and I want to set a little goal for myself and this bloggy-blog. So here we go!

A. First off, let me start by saying that I got new Hero Arts and Papertrey Ink goodies last week. Oh goodness! I love everything so much. I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of things using these goodies in the next couple weeks:
B. Meet my new baby. Well, it's going to be my new baby. After doing a ton of research, I finially decided what I want my first DSLR to be. I need to use one for photography class this summer, so I thought that was a sign to take the plunge. Behold, the Nikon D90:
I'm planning on ordering it soon, as soon as I run it past the parents. I'm so excited! I'm getting the kit with the 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, with the 50mm f/1.8D AF lens on my wishlist. Any suggestions? I need to get a camera case as well... what kind do you use?


C. Today's card.


I'm getting a jump on Mother's day cards and using some new awesome things. Here's what I did:
1. I stamped the friends definition on PTI Vintage Cream cardstock in Chestnut Roan ink.
2. I used Shabby Shutters, Broken China, and Peeled Paint distress inks and blended them all together using a foam blending tool to add some depth and color.
3. I stamped the largest Dahlia from PTI's Delightful Dahlia stamp set from their newest release.
4. Stamp the image again on scratch paper; cut it out. use temporary adhesive to adhere it over the top of the original flower image.
5. Spritz the background with a mixture of perfect pearls and water in a mini mister, set aside to let dry under a heavy object.
6. When dry, remove the mask and embellish as desired.


Wanna see the beautiful shine? Here it is:
And I think it's ten times prettier in real life. I'm going to be spraying everything now. Hehe. You can buy the single jar of perfect pearls through Hero Arts here- I highly recommend them!


Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Card Base- Hero Arts (Hero Hues in Floral), Ink- Colorbox (Chestnut Roan), Ranger (Shabby Shutters, Broken China, and Peeled Paint), Perfect Pearls- Ranger, Stamps- Hero Arts (Friends Definition), Papertrey Ink (Delightful Dahlia), Ribbon- Offray.


See you tomorrow for day two! Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)


Love.


Brit

2 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day card Brit!! Love your technique you used and can't wait to see your other creations too! Love the camera, best of luck in buying it, so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! Love the colors!
Oh, and I have actually been DYING to get a DSLR camera too! I've been doing research for the past couple of weeks, but i'm still not sure which one I like best.
Your choice looks awesome!
Hopefully i'll get mine soon too! :)