A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Monday, August 3, 2009

Hello world, it's me again.

I just noticed that this is my 100th post. Awesome!

You may have been wondering why I haven't posted in, like, eight years (or a week and a half). Let me give you a brief recap of the last week:
1. I worked 64 hours.
2. New friends.
3. Old friends and catching up.
4. Waking up at 6 am. (I have no idea how people do it every day.)
5. I didn't sleep enough
6. I broke my phone.
7. I talked in Spanish a lot.
8. I went camping.

So uh yeah- kinda busy. There were some days that I totally just forgot to eat. You know, when you're working 16 hours in a day and still want to sleep and shower, something's got to give. Thankfully, this week will be a little bit easier. I'm still in my pajamas, and it's definitely 4:30 pm already. I. Love. It.

Some upcoming major things:
8.3- Roommie meeting
8.4- Blink-182 concert
8.5- work for 4 days straight
8.15- move in to my new apartment back in MN
8.18- come back from MN to work another week in WI
8.26- Move up to MN for the next year of my life.

It's all happening soooo fast. Crazy!

Now I have a couple shares for you. Let me know what you like! I'm absolutely in love with this layout using the October Afternoon Road Map Collection about my first full day in Minneapolis about a year ago:

Journaling reads:
I remember you, Minnesota, when I had unpacked my bags and boxes. I remember you when I realized that this is my new home. I remember you when I suddenly felt like I didn’t know anything about where I was. It was like being in a country where you don’t speak the same language. Scary, but exciting. As I sat in Convocation on move-in day and listened to the Minnesota rouser, I realized that I had never heard the state’s song. I could sing Wisconsin’s song without hesitation, but I wasn’t in my home state any longer. Introductions to locals were interesting. Noting any place besides Minneapolis or St. Paul as a hometown in Minnesota was useless to me. Mankato? What’s a Mankato? No matter how many times I told myself, I still let a “bubbler” slip when talking to some Minnesotans on the third day, and they were wowed that I called a water fountain a bubbler. They had never eaten cheese curds that were not fried. Half of my new acquaintances were (gasp!) Vikings fans. Vikings fans! What was I doing in this crazy place? Over the year, I learned where the major cities were, I remembered to call it a water fountain (most of the time), and I can even speak in a Minnesotan accent. No matter how much I grow to love this state and its wonders, however, I must declare that I will never be a Vikings fan. Amen.

Supplies: Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Cardstock- Archiver's, Foam letters- American Crafts, Black Ink- Stazon by Tsukineko, Paint pen- ZIG, Chipboard- Basic Grey (corner and bracket) and Maya Road (flowers), Date Sticker- October Afternoon, Thread- DMC.

The first card inspired by this gorgeous one here:

Super simple, and I'm in love.
Supplies: Cardstock- Archiver's, Pen- Signo Uni-ball, Buttons- assorted, vintage.

Second card- one that was kind of just stretching my creativity after almost two weeks of creating nothing using this week's 2S4Y sketch:

Supplies: Cardstock- American Crafts, Patterned Paper- Basic Grey, Chipboard- Basic Grey, Flowers- Prima, Ribbon- The Paper Studio, Metal Dots- Colorbok, White Pen- Signo Uniball, Ink- Tim Holtz for Ranger (Broken China and Shabby Shutters).

That's it for now- I have to get running to another whirlwind week, but I do want to share a couple favorite pictures from last week at EAA:
Left to right: My new friend Alejandra from Peru, Jeb, Jeb's girlfriend- Panda (Amanda), and me. We watched the Airbus land and watched the air show together on Tuesday. :)
The airbus- this is a beast! More than 800 passenger seats. It was absolutely awesome to see it flying around. Maybe I'll post the video tomorrow. :)

The airshow was awesome (as always).
The OCD in me loves the awesome formations that the planes make. I think these are P-52 Mustangs (I have very little plane knowledge... haha).
The helicopter in the foreground- the red and black Redbull one- was in the air show. That baby can do flips and fly upside- down. Helicopters should not be able to do that! I have a video of that to share with you later, too.
Okay, honestly, I don't really like how I look in this picture, but it's one of the only pictures I have of me and my new friend, Kayla. We worked together every day this week and became friends on pretty much day one. She's one cool chica! :) This was us on our lunch break at a Wii Sports Resort promo tent. We wanted the blue leis to match our uniforms. Ha!

Thanks for stopping by today! Sorry I've been MIA lately, but I promise that I'll make it up to you.

Love.

Brit

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe how you can pop out such gorgeous creative projects on your time schedule :) Love how you find the time to create - great multi-tasking
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Kim Sonksen said...

Congratulations on post 100!!!

Your projects are fabulous - I am SO SO in love with that layout of yours and your 2S4Y card is divine

Thanks for playing with us at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

papertrails leaver said...

Very cool layout and your cards are great! I love the CAS look on the first with the buttons and handwriting. The second is lovely with the polka dot ribbon mixed and the paisley print paper.

Shemaine Smith said...

Great projects you created with your wild schedule! We went out to see the Airbus land at LAX {I live next to the airport, can u hear the planes going by}it was pretty exciting and YES that plane is HUGE!

Julie Camacho said...

I love the simplicity of your cards. AWESOME!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

All are tons of fun, but I am really drawn to bye for now. Such a fun use of buttons! Way to rock the sketch challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

cnelson said...

fabulous cards and layout! so glad that life is slowing down for you a little...you were sooooooo busy! congrats on your 100th post!

Unknown said...

WOW...what a busy week you have had!! But it looks like you found a little bit of time to create this fabulous card!!! LOVE it!!

Tutu Crafts said...

What a sweet card! I love it!