A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Growing up.

Today, I have:
bought textbooks
started to pack
looked at student loans
applied for three jobs
looked for a replacement cell phone

It's like I'm growing up or something. :) It's so weird to think that in two weeks, I'll be in a completely different place and be completely on my own. The feelings of reality are coming slowly, though, and I'm grateful for that. I'm ready. I'm ready for this.

The last week has been very interesting- lots of ups and downs- but I'm much happier now. It's all getting better. (I have very wonderful friends.)

Here are a couple of cards to share with you. I have all of this creative energy, but lately I just sit at my desk staring at all of the pretty things I want to use. It's like I don't know what to do...

This is one I finished a little while ago- I love the untraditional pink and green colors for Christmas, but this card would really be suitable for any occasion. I like versatility like that.

Supplies: Cardstock- Archiver's (pink) and Bazzill (white swiss dot and green), Patterned Paper- Basic Grey, Embossing Powder and Ink- Ranger, Black Ink- Tsukineko, Stamps- Hero Arts CL232, Green Ink- Tim Holtz for Ranger in Shabby Shutters, Border Punch- Fiskars, Thread- DMC, Other- Buttons.

Here's one from yesterday. I love this June Bug paper from basic grey, along with the butterfly stamp that I can not get enough of. Oh, and white gel pen. Love. Love. Love.
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio, Patterned Paper- Basic Grey, Embossing Powder and ink- Ranger, Stickles- Ranger, White Pen- Signo Uniball, Ribbon- Offray, Circle Punch- EK Success, Thread- DMC, Stamp- Hero Arts F5158, Corner Rounder- Fiskars.

Lastly, I find this absolutely inspiring. I got an e-mail from Toms yesterday, and I thought it was gorgeous. I've been obsessed with weddings lately (they're so beautiful... I would love to be a wedding planner), so this goes right along with my dream wedding (for today at least). I'm such a girl. Ha!
(click to enlarge)
That's all for now. I'm hoping to get a couple pages cranked out tonight- the first in sooo very long. Life just gets in the way too often. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Love.

Brit

No comments: