A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A cupcake garden.

All I want to do is create, even though I know I should be packing. It's a double-edged sword, though. If I get things done and pack, that means all of my scrapbooking things will be put away. I guess I can manage for a few days. I guess. :)

I finished this card today for the Hero Art's weekly challenge to bring out the colors and start adding to project with colored pencils, inks, and other mediums. I love coloring stamped images with colored pencils, so I couldn't wait to try something new with this week's challenge. Here's what I came up with:

Here are a couple of new things that I tried out on this card that you could try out on your next project:
1. Use a background stamp (like this one- the cling I used with all the cupcakes) and cut out all of the images individually after coloring them in.
2. Clear-emboss a pattern on the background cardstock for added interest, even if it's where the "sky" should be.
3. Ink up a sheet of white cardstock (a la Jennifer McQuire) with distress ink, flick little droplets of water on it, and then trace and cut out leaves in varying sizes for extra interest.
4. Adhere tons of items with various levels of foam adhesive- it adds so much dimension and life.
5. Use the same colored pencils used for coloring to write the sentiment- it'll tie the card together.

Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Light Blue), and The Paper Studio (White), Stamps- Hero Arts (F5158, S5208, CL231, CG110), Colored Pencils- Prismacolor, Ink- Tsukineko (Black) and Tim Holtz for Ranger (Shabby Shutters, Broken China, and Peeled Paint).

Thanks for stopping by, loves! Hopefully I'll be back once more before I move, but if not, I'll see you in a few days from a whole different state. Minnesota, here I come (againnnn)!

Love.

Brit

1 comment:

Savitri said...

The cupcakes are fun! I love how they stack up that way!!