A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, August 6, 2009

And yes, it was epic.

The concert was phenomenal. Seriously, I can't stop thinking about it. Blink-182, you rock. :) I'll put a recap at the end of this post, but for now, here's some scrap-related goodness:

My shopping spree. Here's what I bought:
Yup, that's right- three sets of Hero Arts Clings, some Basic Grey goodness, and a full set of Prismacolor pencils for art school (and, ehem, scrapbooking too), plus a clearanced set of Martha stamps, some Alcohol Ink mixatives, a 1" hole punch (gotta love those 40% off coupons), and a new camera case.
I can't wait to use these stamps on EVERYTHING.
Adorableness for 1.99 each at Archiver's. :)
These are going to come in handy. Love it!

I had a little time to play on Tuesday before leaving for Milwaukee, so I created this cute card:

Supplies: Cardstock- Archiver's, Patterned Paper- Basic Grey, Stamps- Hero Arts, Ink- Tsukineko (Black) and Ranger (Broken China), Colored Pencils- Prismacolor, Ribbon- unknown, 1" Circle punch- EK Success.

What do you think? I punched the cupcakes out of the new cling stamp. I have a feeling there will be lots of cupcake cards coming up soon.

Now, on to the concert. It was amazing. I've wanted to see Blink-182 in concert since I was about five, so this was a dream come true to me. (Granted, some of their humor definitely isn't good for anyone under 18... ha.) First, however, there were the opening bands. My favorite was Fall Out Boy. I've A. Listened to them for 4+ years. and B. Have had a massive crush on Pete Wentz for 4+ years. Let me just say that he is even better in real life. Yum. :)

My friends were also awesome. I can't imagine being there without them. I went with my best friend Sara, her twin brother Adam, and my ex-boyfriend-but-still-friend Greg. (Uh yeah, that happened recently, but no worries. It's for the best.)
Sara and I like to be silly. I love her very much. :)

Our seats were pretty good- two rows up from the back of the VIP section and really close to the middle. Regardless, I could've been 400 feet more away and still been completely in love with everything that happened that night. In. Love.

First, they came on stage.
Second, they played some awesome songs. AWESOME. Like one of my favs, "I miss you"- the screens were really cool on this one.
They sang and talked. And joked. And were awesome.
(Mark)
Travis (My favorite!) and Tom
Then, they "ended" their show. The crowd screamed for what seemed like an hour, and then they came out for their encore.

And then Travis Barker did a drum solo.

In mid-air.

While rotating.
Epic.
Here's a video of it. I swear it was even more awesome than this.


Then they sang some more. Then it was over.

Best. Night. Ever.

I'll be back with more scrappy fun tomorrow. I have some new goods to play with. Thanks, as always, for your wonderful comments on the post from a few days ago. Y'all are so sweet!

Love.

Brit

No comments: