A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Australia, Part 3.

Good morning, friends! I wanted to pop in and share some more of my Australian adventure. This day, I went to the Art Gallery of New South Wales. It was probably the best free museum I have ever been to, and I had the best time wandering around the exhibits for hours and then walking through the city to explore.
This was my favorite painting that I saw by Camille Pissarro. I studied him in art history, and he was one of the only ones I actually found interesting. Ha.
The modern art was also fantastic. This piece was about 8 feet tall and had many layers of paint on it. It's beautifullll.
Then, I went to the Parliament building. I got to peek inside the chamber rooms, browse the art gallery, and walk through the library. Everything was so official and gorgeous.
This was the ceiling in the library- one huge stained glass art piece. It was sooo big.
When wandering through the city, I saw a Max Brenner Chocolate Bar. Eight dollars later, I was eating strawberries and molten chocolate, and let me tell you... it was worth. every. penny.

So that was my day wandering through the city by myself. And you know what? I fell in love even more. There are so many morsels of beauty in this city, and I only wish I had a few more weeks to find some more. :)

Be back later this afternoon with another card. Hope you're having an inspiring day!

Love.

Brit

No comments: