A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hola. Guess what I've been up to?

Well, a lot. Largely, my time has been taken up by being pretty darn uninspired, but I know the creative juices will start flowing again soon. I can feel them coming back a little, which is good- I haven't made anything in almost two weeks. :/ But two weeks ago, I did make this little cutie:

 
A birthday card for my roommate, Alex, using the technique that Jennifer McGuire shows you how to do in this video.

 
Supplies: Cardstock- Papertrey Ink, Embossing Ink and Powder- Ranger, Stamps- CG140 and CL340, Inks- Distress by Tim Holtz (greens and blues) and Colorbox (black), Corner Rounder- WRMK, Buttons- Papertrey Ink, and Floss- DMC.
1. I also did a little shopping today. It's a good thing they had a pretty small picking of the new CHA releases, because I'm saving up for a HUGE order from Papertrey after the release tomorrow night. Good lordy, it's going to be like a $200 dollar order. So therefore I picked up some essentials- clear embossing powder and brown colorbox ink, as well as some of the new American Crafts lines and this super-versatile Hero Arts stamp set:

2. Yesterday evening, I finally broke down an ordered a stamp for the back of my cards from kissandtellcards on esty. I've been in love with it ever since Jennifer McGuire mentioned it on Twitter. So adorable!
3. I've been setting type for the past couple weeks in one of my design classes. It's knitpicky and tedious, but an amazing experience to work with type in its truest form. Hopefully I'll get some shots of our finished project to show you. Here it is in progress:


 
4. I've been taking karate. Oh yes, this girl is well on her way to a yellow belt; I'll be ki-ya-ing all the way there. Pictures to come. I look absolutely ridiculous in my uniform, so it'll make for some awesome pictures.

5. Happy olympics and happy valentine's day tomorrow. Olympics are my favorite t.v. there is... oh goodness, I can't get enough! I hope I'll have enough time to sit back and watch them a few of these days. I'm going out to dinner with my sweetie tomorrow night to celebrate v-day. It promises to be super yummy. Recent us picture:


Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Brit

2 comments:

Deb Rymer said...

So pretty, Brit! Love that emboss resist technique.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful Brit!!! Love this card, so pretty! And a BIG Happy Valentine's Day to you!