A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shares. :)

I've been creating, and I love it. :)

I signed up for the Cards For Heroes blog hop. Check it out and see if it's something you're interested in. If not, stop by this weekend and take a peek at some the the fabulous blogs that will be part of it.

1. The "Go Green" challenge this week at Hero Arts and the corresponding Flickr Pool really inspired me to create something. Here's an altered mint tin that I finished this morning:

Front view:

Side View:

Supplies: Stamps: Hero Arts, Paper- The Paper Studio (white), Patterned Paper- Daiso Japan (from this etsy seller: JapanKawaiiYa), Ink- Stazon by Tsukineko and Colorbox Chalk, Embroidery Thread- DMC, Colored Pencils- Prisma, Glitter- Art Institute Glitter, Diamond Glaze- Judikins.

Recycled things and notes:
-The pink backround is actually 5 to 6 layers of recycled tissue paper, then covered in Diamond Glaze for more shine and strength.
-The flower was simply sketched out on newspaper in 6 different sizes and then cut out. I inked the edges, covered every other layer in the Houndstooth stamp, and stiched the six layers together with a button and thread.
-The tin is from mints from Disney World and is the perfect fit for a gift card. Needless to say, this will go to use shortly, I'm sure.

Now, two more weeks for 52Q. I'm determined to catch up... eventually. (One of my cards was featured on her blog the other day- exciting!)

1. Week #7: What if you knew you could not fail?

Supplies: Cardstock- Archiver's (Blue), The Paper Studio (Kraft) and DCWV (Green), Patterned Paper- Making Memories, Paint Pen- ZIG, Ink- StazOn by Tsukineko.

2. Week #8: What is the last thing that made you laugh out loud?

Supplies: Cardstock- Archiver's (Green) and The Paper Studio (Kraft and White), Patterned Paper- Making Memories, Ink- Tsukineko, Border Punch- Martha Stewart, Foam Letters- Thickers by American Crafts, White Pen- Sakura.

I figured I'd share what I wrote on the back (it's not pretty, it's more about getting down the idea on the back for me), so I'll type it here:

"Last night was the finale of American Idol Season 8- Adam Lambert versus Kris Allen (Kris won! :) ) I laughed until I cried on just about a half dozen occasions, How ca you not giggle when Adam sang with KISS in super-high platform shoes? It was awkward, startling, and absolutely PERFECT."

Thanks for stopping by today- I'm glad you did. If you feel up to it, leave a comment telling me about what you're doing creatively this week. Did you do the green challenge for Hero Arts?

Love.

Brit

No comments: