A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What is this?

Okay, so it's been a while once again, but I'm not going to dwell on that too much. Life has been simpler in so many ways, but something always calls my attention away. I haven't even had time to make a single page over break. Sad. Here are a few things that happened though:

1. I was diagnosed with mono. What a horrible illness! I'm still tired constantly and became sick almost four full weeks ago. It'll be over soon, I hope.

2. I read Stephanie Meyer's Twilight (okay, who isn't reading it?), and of course I loved it. I took one day and read the entire day- I just could not put the book down.

3. I'm doing Project 365. I think it'll be rough at times, but a project this big would be absolutely awesome to complete. It's probably my biggest single goal for the year. I've been very good so far, including today, I made cookies, and they were delicious. I would share the picture, but I have no idea where my card reader or my camera cord is. Oh well, I'll find that tomorrow. Here are a couple links that I've really found useful for this project so far:

Printables from the Kit itself (if you're like me and didn't get to order the kit in time).
Kit Alternatives (Becky Higgins' blog is full of ideas.)
Some cute ideas and inspiration

I've already decided that I want to keep the whole thing simple by digitally putting the day of the week on each photo, using Becky's premade titles (or maybe making some of my own), and simply buying some page protectors that will hold everything (I spotted BoBunny ones that were 25 for $10.99 at Archiver's today). I'll keep you updated on that whole thing.

4. Here's a very cool thing that Stacy Julian posted this afternoon. A contest? For designing socks? I'm totally game. I thought you might be too. :)

Here's the link to this website. How does never worrying about matching socks again sound?

5. I'm still obsessed with these earrings. I need to make some of these babies:

I feel pretty inspired right now. There are so many things that I can work on tonight, now I just need to get started. Yay for late nights of scrapping. Hopefully I'll have lots to show tomorrow.

Tomorrow should be good: share scrapping stuff+ help my friend make a book for her boyfried + haircut= always a good day.

Thanks for sticking with this long entry! I'll be back soon. :)

Brit

No comments: