A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It finally seems like summer...

Summer means a lot of things to me, namely- no class, time with really good friends, and going to festivals (and pigging out on delicious food). This weekend, one of my favorite festivals, Summerfest, began down in Milwaukee. We went for a day on Sunday and are heading back this weekend for some more fun. It's so nice to just hang out and BE with friends. Wonderful.

Somehow, this summer-ness has completely zapped my creative energy. It's gone. I have all of this time to work on scrapbooking things since I have Mondays and Tuesdays off, and I got nothin'. I tried, though. Here's what I came up with to go with this week's 2S4Y sketch:
It took soooo long, but I do like how it turned out:
Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill (kraft) and The Paper Studio (White), Patterned Paper- Basic Grey (pink, yellow, green, blue, and purple) and Making Memories (orange), Ink- Tim Holtz for Ranger, Chipboard Heart- Heidi Swapp for Advantus, Border Punch- Fiskars, Labeler- Around the Block, Vellum- The Paper Studio, Embossing Folder- Provo Craft (Swiss Dots), Brads- The Paper Studio, Circle Cutter- Making Memories, Circle Punch- EK Success.

And here are some cute Summerfest pictures:
Cole, Jeb, and Jeb's beautiful girlfriend, Amanda (who we all call Panda).
Jeb tried out his photo-taking skills on Greg and I. His job is to take the official pictures of people at a park in the Wisconsin Dells. He did his whole schpeel for us. "Now if you, miss, could just show your affection- maybe kiss his cheek or something?"
"Now how about a silly one? You can try sticking your tongues out or making bunny ears..."

We had a wonderful time, but every muscle in my body hurts from running and jumping around all day. :)

I'll be back when my mojo is... which I can only hope is soon. How do you get back your mojo? I'll give a little rak for anyone who comes up with an idea that helps me out. :)

Love.

Brit

6 comments:

Kim J said...

Don't worry, Brit -- you'll get your mojo back! If it hadn't pretty much been raining here non-stop, I wouldn't have been making cards. And the past few days have been gorgeous -- hence no cards since Friday.

How to get one's mojo back . . . I suppose I just step away from the paper for a few days and don't try to force it. I always end up itching to make something!

Jessica Theodore said...

Love your take on the sketch! looks like you put alotta work into it xx

cnelson said...

love the pattern and texture! beautiful!

claudia shadler said...

cute card! love the textured vellum! I figure that to get your mojo back you might want to look for inspiration, it may be going to an art gallery, other people's blog or just follow the colors, hehe!

Clouds :D

Laura Davis said...

What a darling card! Happy Summer! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

Corina said...

sure fire way to get mojo back: buy new goodies, LOL! And I've been meaning to email you... i recieved your blog giveaway goodies a day or so ago.. I'm in love! haha.. THANK YOU :)