A Note from Brit

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have now moved over to my own domain for more room to grow, so make sure to check my new site and blog out at brittaswiderski.com. :)

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Inspired.

Finally. And it all started with this:
I love my lists. :)

I was also inspired by two challenges and created these two cards last night.

First, happy 10th challenge to Kelly Jo! This week's was to use black, white, and a color of your choice. I chose blue and this is what happened:
Close-up:
Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Studio (Black and White), Embossed Cardstock- Bazzill, Patterned Paper- Making Memories, White Pen- Sakura, Stamp- Hero Arts, Border Punch- Martha Stewart, Ink- StazOn by Tsukineko, Colored Pencils- Crayola.

Secondly, here's the second Color Craze Challenge from Kim Jackoski for this week. love these colors, but I had no idea what to do with them:
My result- I think it turned out pretty well :)
Close-up- note the lace cardstock...
Supplies: Cardstock- Archiver's (Green and Grey) and Bazzill (Orange), Lace Cardstock- KI Memories, Stamp- Inque Boutique, Black Ink- StazOn by Tsukineko, Thread- DMC, Other- Ribbon and Buttons.

The to-do list has really helped me get a lot done today. First, I wanted to do today and yesterday's color challenges for shimelle.com (wonnnderful blog!) The first one, yesterday's is a day for green:

Today's is a day for red, rose, and pink:
Today was also a day to take more pictures of my beautiful roses. Loves.
Another to-do list item. Transfer embossing powders to better containers a la Kristina Werner. The result:
This is going to be such easier cleanup!

A few inspiring links for today:
Elise Blaha- Her Project Monday this week is fantastic. I found her website from a link Ali Edwards tweeted, and I have a feeling I've found another blog to add to my google reader.
20x200.com - Limited edition prints from various artists at only 20 dollars apiece. The art is gorgeous- I love the color combinations.
JCrew's new arrivals- Like this gorgeous shirt with ruffles. This would not flatter my figure, but I love this! It would be perfect inspiration for a scrapbook page. :)
Moxie Fab World- A "blog bop" as they call it where they drummed up all sorts of inspiration from manufacturer blogs.
GCD Studios- I saw this card from Moxie Fab, and I'm absolutely in love with it.
Hero Arts and QuicKutz- They have teamed up this week to provide some awesome inspiration and some unprecidented, huuuge prizes. You're going to want to check that out!
TasteSpotting.com- I seriously drooling over all of these recipes. I can't wait to try some of them out. Like this one- doesn't this look delicious?
CK Summercamp - I'm excited. I haven't been to camp in a long time, and registration for this one is FREE. You can sign up today here.
Gossip Girl Season 1's iMix- There's a lot of really good music on here, and you can pick and choose what you want to download. I'm recently... ehem... addicted to this series.
Kindred.com- Free desktop backgrounds that are absolutely inspiring. I have the vintage buttons right now, and I get happy every time I see it.
Bukubuku- This is pure adoreableness. Ahh!
Kim Jacksoki- Was inspired by that sweet vespa postcard from Italy for her color challenge. I like it, too, Kim!


Whew. Are you still with me? That was a really long post. Yay if you made it to the end! Leave a comment with a link that is inspiring you today, and I'll include it on my next links post (along with a link to your blog, of course). Look forward to seeing what you're inspired by today!

Thanks for stopping by, loves. Thank you for your always wonderful comments- they make me smile so much! You guys are awesome.

Love.

Brit

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brit- both cards are awesome!!
Lists are the best and it's been awhile since i've made one. you have inspired me to get it started so I can feel accomplished!!

Kim J said...

Absolutely agreeing with Kelly Jo! Both cards are awesome, and I love what you did with my color challenge. The lace card stock was genius. :)

And so much link love . . . Wow! I have a Kindred background on my desktop too -- the watercolored teacups. Those Kindred gals are fabulous.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and I'll be back when something catches my eye that you didn't link me to. ;)

Winter said...

Both cards are so pretty! I also put my embossing powder in container just like yours about a month ago, it works so much better!

Lynn said...

Great cards, and colours. Some super photos too.